• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can you stack Flaming and Frost weapon enhancements?

fnork de sporg said:
Or any of the other elemental damage weapon enhancements? Could someone have a +1 Flaming Shocking Acidic Sonic Frost Axe?

Yup. So long as you can afford them, and don't go over the maximum allowable value (+10) of the weapon--and assuming your DM has no house rules to the contrary--you can stack whatever weapon features you like.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Mouseferatu said:
And by the way, I have to ask...

Where the heck is your signature line from?!?!

420 is usually a reference to the Marijuana subculture, so it could be a line relating to that.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Mouseferatu said:
Yup. So long as you can afford them, and don't go over the maximum allowable value (+10) of the weapon--and assuming your DM has no house rules to the contrary--you can stack whatever weapon features you like.

There was a large thread a while back about whether you could stack opposing aligned enhancement bonuses (e.g. have a holy unholy longsword, or an anarchic axiomatic greataxe, etc). The answer I got about that from customer service was that you indeed couldn't put opposing aligned forces on a weapon.

DreamChaser

Explorer
fnork de sporg said:
Or any of the other elemental damage weapon enhancements? Could someone have a +1 Flaming Shocking Acidic Sonic Frost Axe?

yes but activating each energy requires a command word, as I recall. so the above weapon would require 5 standard actions to get to full strength.

DC

Corsair

First Post
DreamChaser said:
yes but activating each energy requires a command word, as I recall. so the above weapon would require 5 standard actions to get to full strength.

DC

Not too big a deal if you're out in the wilderness. Wake up, take 30 seconds powering up, and you're good to go for the rest of the day.

Remove ads