• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can't get Cthulhu?!?

The Crimster

First Post
[rant]
I'm annoyed.

Ok, I hear all sorts of folks talking about how wonderful the d20 Cthulhu is - and truth be known, I've been looking forward to it for some time.

So I go out for lunch to my local comic book store, hoping against hope they have it. Lo and behold, there it sits - behind the counter.

I smile at the guy and point at the book with glee. "I'll take one of those, please."

The guy behind the counter smugly replies, "Sorry sir, I can't sell that, the release date isn't until this Friday. If we were to sell it to, WOTC would never ship us their products."

Which is ridiculous - the local hobby store is selling it - the WOTC stores are apparently selling it. So in my attempt to give them my wee bit of business, I am stymied.

Arrrrrrrgh.

[/rant]

The Crimster

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
All I can tell you is after working in insurance, I've discovered people are never more stubborn than when you try to give them money or bring them business. Can't figure why.

gustavef

First Post
From what I recall, there was a whole stink when the 3rd Books first came out, of some stores selling them too soon. It was rumored that WotC did threaten to pull/deny stock to those stores if they did not wait till the "offical" date.

Unfortunately, your store is under the impression that there is still a ban on early sales of any WotC product. But I doubt you will convince them otherwise unless you had a verified letter from WotC that this is no longer the case.

They are erroring on the side of caution. They don't care what the others are doing. They are looking out for themselves.

Of coures if you want to try your Bluffing....You can ask to "pre-order" the CoC book and recieve early/priority delivery. 8*)

-gustavef

Grendel

First Post
Which is ridiculous - the local hobby store is selling it - the WOTC stores are apparently selling it. So in my attempt to give them my wee bit of business, I am stymied.

Solution = tell this to the store manager, explain to him that you would like to support his bussiness BUT, if he is unable or unwilling to work with you, you will go elsewhere.

Lady Dragon

First Post
If a store doesn't want to sell a product intil a specific day they should keep it in back and not let customers see that it is in.

About two months ago For some reason my regular game store didn't get a product that I wanted in I guess the distributor screwed up and didn't ship it to him so I went to another store that happens to sell D20 and they told me Yes we have it in back but can't sell it to you because its not in the computer yet and the guy who puts it in the computer has gone home.

I was so angry that I waited for my regular store to get it in and I don't shop at that store anymore and that's there loss because I buy a lot of stuff.

Anyway your right WoTC stores are selling CoC they got it yesterday I picked mine up today.

TheDayKnight

First Post
As a store owner, I can tell you that it is possible for WotC to yank your ordering privilages if you sell product earlier than the release date. Some stores get their product earlier than the release date in order for stores nationwide to have the product to sell upon the release date.

Don't give the store owner a hard time. He is just following the rules, whereas the hobby store owner is directly going against an agreement with Wizards. Cut your store some slack!

Remove ads