Captain America: Civil War (spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Can I take my kids to see Civil War? The youngest two are 4 and 7. We didn't take kids to Captain America 1 due to the shooting, warfare scenes and we didn't take any of the kids to see Winter Soldier due to the gunfire at the start and things like dudes getting tossed into aircraft engines. We did take them to see Guardians of the Galaxy and they seemed to take the more violent moments alright. Just wanted to know if there are scenes that might be too much for them in this.

The end fight has some pretty brutal fisticuffs, I'd say that CW has more violence than Cap 1 but in general the action is comparable to earlier movies and I think the PG-13 rating is appropriate.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Can I take my kids to see Civil War? The youngest two are 4 and 7. We didn't take kids to Captain America 1 due to the shooting, warfare scenes and we didn't take any of the kids to see Winter Soldier due to the gunfire at the start and things like dudes getting tossed into aircraft engines. We did take them to see Guardians of the Galaxy and they seemed to take the more violent moments alright. Just wanted to know if there are scenes that might be too much for them in this.

I took my 10 year old to see it and it was on the cusp of what he'd be happy to see - that said he is a big Cap fan and thoroughly enjoyed it. I probably wouldn't have taken him if he was younger.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Leagues above Bats v Sups. Not even close. Much better than Ultron too. Probably not the best in the franchise, but maybe the best paced and the tightest screenplay. Every scene brings something.

Last edited:

Remove ads