• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cartoons for Geeks Both Young and Old

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
When I was a kid, I remember "Robotech" being an amazing cartoon. I was engrossed by it. I was around 11 years old. It was unlike anything I had ever seen, and felt very 'sophisticated' to my 11 year old American sensibilities.

I Have not seen it in 25 years. I wonder how it holds up, or more to the point of this thread, I wonder if my 11 year old son would like it as much as I did.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Galaxy Rangers another 80's space western action, one of the best!

Got to agree with this, Galaxy Rangers is the awesome sauce (everyone at my school had a crush on Niko (and wanted to be Gooseman))

Lets not forget
Jamie and the Magic Torch
Sport Billy
Dangermouse
ReBoot (Dot Matrix was sexy!)
Felix the Cat
Smurfs
The Mighty Mightor

and from New Zealand
Bro'Town - Morningside for Life!

fba827

Adventurer
I totally "get" some of the cartoons mentioned as being good for geeks both old and young. But some of the others... do they all still hold up for you as an adult? And do kids of today actually enjoy them?

For instance, if I try and sit my nephews down to watch He-man (the original) with me, I still enjoy it a lot, but mind you I am enjoying it for the nostalgic factor not necessarily because of a gripping and unexpected story. Whereas my nephews aren't really getting in to it and find it too ..... outdated (that isn't the right word, but that's the best word i can come up with at the moment)?
Of course, my nephews are not the measuring stick upon which to base their entire generation of geeks. But it's the litmus test that i have at my disposal :)

Remove ads