• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Casting in Armor

dema

First Post
Is there a feat out there in a WOTC book that would allow my rogue/sorcerer to cast in light armor????

Thanks.

Klaus

First Post
No, not a feat per se.

You could talk to your DM into converting your Sorcerer levels into Battle Sorcerer (Unearthed Arcana variant -- 1 less spell known & per day per level, gets light armor, cleric BAB and HD d8).

There are a couple of Prestige Classes that reduce Arcane Spell Failure. You could don a mihtril chain shirt with the Twilight special quality (Book of Exalted Deeds and PHBII) and have, IIRC, 0% chance of arcane spell failure.

Barring all that, take Still Spell and cast all your spells as stilled.

pawsplay

Hero
My approach is

1. live with 10% arcane failure and use leather armor for a few levels. Not that true strike has no somatic components, if you're using that in conjunction with sneak attack.
2. once you have a few levels, keep mage armor up
3. acquire a twilight mithril chain shirt
4. switch to high level bracers

In general, things like mirror image or blur are going go be better defenses than any light armor anyway.

dema

First Post
I actually just want the armor to be able to put extra qualities on it. Like Shadow, Silent, Resistance. I think the Twlight Mithral Chain Shirt Armor may do the trick. However, I think some boots and cloaks of elven(halfling) kind may work for me.

pawsplay

Hero
Boots and cloaks would work fine, I think. If you have psionic items in your campaign, you could take Wild Talent and use psychoactive skins, too.

Maldor

First Post
if you just want the armor special abilities (like Slick) just go with Thistledown Padded. It in races of the wild. It has no armor check or spell failure.

MarkB

Legend
I believe there's such an option in Complete Mage, but it's not a feat, it's a variant class feature, and I think it's only for fighters, not rogues. That's just going by second-hand knowledge, though.

Remove ads