• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Casting Multiple "cloud" type spells

Gallo22

First Post
I wanted to get your opinions on the following that happended in our game last night:

The group was fighting Drow in some caverns, and the wizard (Conjurerer) cast Solid Fog, followed by Stinking Cloud, followed by Explosive Cloud (this is not the acutal name of the spell but basicly the spell cast was an explosive cloud) These spells were cast one round after another.

I personally thought it was very good spell use on behalf of the caster but was not entirely sure if all three spells would be able to "work", one on top of each other?

What do you think??? :)

shilsen

Adventurer
They definitely work.

And I'm sorely disappointed that Evard's Black Tentacles wasn't dropped in there at some point :]

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Be sure to buy a Necklace of Adaption too. Not many monsters want to eat your face when you are surrounded by a stinking-acid-cloudkill.

DS

shilsen

Adventurer
TheGogmagog said:
Would acid fog reduce the cloudkill to 5' per round?
I'm was kidding, but now I don't know. I doubt it, but it's a funny thought.
Nope. It just slows down all creatures passing through it.

jensun

First Post
shilsen said:
No, silly! Acid fog - cloudkill :cool:

Just make to sure to add in Wall of Stone or Force for added effect and maniacal laughing.

Oh, and definately Evards and quite possibly Web as well.

It doesnt take that long for a mid level caster to totally incapacitate quite a large area of enemies.

Remove ads