• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Castle Ravenloft Board Game

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Is this a good deal for people?

Tanga - Product of the Day

(Tanga deals end fast, so grab it if it is a good deal and you need one. I've bought from Tanga a handful of times in the past few years with never a problem.)

I see that at [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Castle-Ravenloft-Board/dp/0786955570/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1284355277&sr=8-1-spell]Amazon[/ame] they are going for $55.81 which is still 10% more than Tanga (w/shipping costs).

attachment.php

Attachments

• castleravenloft_01.jpg
    castleravenloft_01.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 348

Asmor

First Post
CoolStuffInc has it 50 cents cheaper, probably about the same shipping cost, and offers free shipping over $100.

So no, not especially.

The Tanga deal is a good deal every once in a while, but always do a little research. Most of the time you can find the same or a better price online.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I threw one in a cart at CoolStuffInc and hit the shipping calculator. Obviously it will change from location to location but in this case to the Chicago area it was $10.90 for the cheapest UPS ground and $20.45 for USPS. In this case, Tanga has them beat by a few bucks unless you want to add another $60 worth of product at CoolStuffInc to get the free shipping. I'll save that link though and be sure to check them in the future when deals come up.

Ktulu

First Post
42 miniatures for 60-60 dollars is a good deal.... Sorry, my plasti-crack alter-ego got out.

Bought it at full price (after tax it was just shy of $70 from my FLGS). Have played non-stop since Friday. It's a lot of fun, and well worth the costly pricetag.

Stormonu

Legend
Because I preordered on Amazon, I got it for $54.53, with the free shipping (it usually arrives faster via free shipping than if I have to pay for regular shipping, for some reason). Hmm...I see it's shipped and looks like I'll have it on the 15th or so.

Overall, looks like Tanga was a pretty good deal :).

skinnydwarf

Explorer
I picked up my copy on Saturday, and just for the minis and dungeon tiles alone, it was worth the price- full price at my FLGS that recently opened up right down the street! So I have a vested interest in supporting them :) I'm looking forward to playing it next weekend with my regular gaming group. I'm not in a D&D game right now (except I manage to make it to Encounters every other weekend or so), and I want more D&D in my life :)

Last edited:

Festivus

First Post
Yeah, I paid full price too a few weeks back because I wanted to support the FLGS and he was selling out fast. No regrets, it's a really fun game. Just need more time to play it! Holidays are coming, it will get lots of play then.

beepeearr

First Post
Got it, the rules compendium, and the Heroes of the Fallen Lands (always forget which is which) for $110 at the FLGS. Castle Ravenloft is by far and away a much better starter set or point of entry then the starter set I bought the week before. The starter set might be fine for someone by themselves, but was very tedious trying to walk 4 tweens through it. All in all Castle Ravenloft seemed a lot more fun for the kids but at $65 dollars a lot more pricey then a normal starter set.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads