• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Castlemorn when?

BlackMoria

First Post
Ed Greenwood's Castlemorn campaign setting is supposed to be released by Fast Forward Entertainment in Jan '94.

It is now Feb and not a word. No fanfare or advertising campaign leading up to release. Nothing on FFE site of a recent nature concerning the setting and the last news about it is months old.

It is advertised on the site with the campaign setting book available Jan '94, yet the availablity is listed as 5/1994.

Anyone got any information on what is going on with Castlemorn?

Last edited:

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I think you mean 2004 rather than 1994. ;)

Considering FFE's well-reported problems I would be surprised if they're in business much longer (not that I wish that on anyone).

Faraer

Explorer
Jim has talked about Castlemorn just last month, in a couple of his 900 Words articles. The first book is being expanded. I don't expect any small-press book until it goes to the printer, though 5/2004 is a relatively safe guess.

Ed has also talked about it recently on the candlekeep.com boards:
Q: Could you talk a little about your work on Castlemorn setting?
A: Jim Ward, who used to be the creative head of TSR back in the early days of the Realms (and was a player in the original Greyhawk campaign and a game designer of note with a string of classics to his name) asked me if I'd be interested in doing a new setting, and I was delighted to leap in and have a chance to do something that might easily grow into board games, novels, and more, and to "get back to my roots" by providing gamers with a new sandbox to play in. Picture a land (call it Mornra) hemmed in on three sides by apparently-impassable mountain ranges, and on the fourth by the ocean (or rather, a bay outlined by a semi-circular arc of islands that curves out from the mainland and then back in again, enclosing a fabled "haunted island" of crumbling castle ruins. The seas to either side of the bay are teacherous, always shrouded in mists, and contain pirates, a mysterious city of sorcerers, and any d20 adventure module a DM wants to plonk therein. The land of Mornra consists of about a dozen as-colorful-as-I-could-make-them countries, with feuds and trading relationships and underlying mysteries from a glorious past when there was more magic, an easier life for all, a dragon in every baske--ahem. Enough. I guess you'll just have to buy it and see.
Seriously, visit the Fast Forward Entertainment, Inc. site and you can see a few more glimpses of Castlemorn. I can promise that the launch product will be good old-fashioned value for your gaming dollar.

Remove ads