• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Castles & Crusades Town of Kalas by Paul Kidd

Troll Lord

First Post
Greetings all,

We've been working closely Mr. Paul Kidd of Greyhawk fame to bring his Town of Kalas to life. This book has entered final production with Peter Bradley hard at work on the maps.

Paul Kidd is the author of the wildly popular Greyhawk novel triliogy Descent into the Depths of the Earth, White Plume Mountain and Queen of the Demonweb Pits. Check out all his novels here!

TLG 8507 Town of Kalas
Product Type/Format & Price: 8.5 x 11 softcover, 60 pages; $12.99
Ordering Info: TLG 8507, ISBN 978-1-936822-43-0

Sitting on the banks of the Ganda river estuary, the town of Kalas has a population of some 8,000 souls. The Town sees a great deal of business pass in through its gates; river barges coming down from the lakes, seagoing merchant vessels and privateers, as well as caravans coming in from the Ust-Aan steppes. The town serves as a trading centre, a rest stop, and as a place to refit vessels, caravans and parties of adventurers.

In Kalas dusky islanders, and ebony visitors from the Dark Continent mingle with steppe men, pale blonde barbarians from the north, and the swarthy, warm-eyed locals. Grass elves, their skins painted brown and green – grey elves from the forest, even sea elves from the shore bargain in the bazaar with Ebony dwarves from the desert, pale Dwarves from the north, leaf gnomes, marsh Halflings and the dark skinned Halfling wanderers from far distant veldts.

Kalas is THE location for an adventuring party. Walking in from little villages off the river, or arriving by ship or caravan, the characters can begin to hunt about and purchase equipment, find a place to stay and have fun crawling the bars. Every location and every character here have been created with the potential for adventures!

This is a sandbox adventure setting. Written by Paul Kidd the Town of Kalas is a wonderfully contained town setting easy to port to any game. It includes all the details on the town, with maps, as well as everything you need to on the major NPCs. The Town of Kalas is filled with hosts of adventure hooks good for long range campaigns or short one night adventures.

Treebore

First Post
This sounds like I will easily be able to put this where ever I want it to be in my Monday Wilderlands game. Sounds perfect for the Wilderlands, in fact. Having ran games in Airhde for several years, I can think of dozens of places there it would fit there, too. Not to mention Greyhawk itself, and Faerun, and Kalamar, and Mystara.

So yes, I believe your claims that "the Town of Kalas is a wonderfully contained town setting easy to port to any game." I have already done it with very little thought, based on just your blurb. Just need to see the maps, so I know which cardinal direction I need to have it pointing. If your picture is accurate, it looks like a setting sun, so the harbor opening is probably due West.

Treebore

First Post
So what is the ETA on this? I could actually use this right now, since I am running the Slavelords modules. I could use this as one of the several sea side towns they may end up in.

Frost

First Post
Man, I wish I had this earlier! Sounds like the perfect stand-in for Sacred Rock in my Wilderlands game. Definitely will snag this when it comes out.

Mmm looks very good

As an aside is there a 'collector's list' of all the TLG C&C products? I still find the product pages on the website confusing

Troll Lord

First Post
So what is the ETA on this? I could actually use this right now, since I am running the Slavelords modules. I could use this as one of the several sea side towns they may end up in.

We are working on the maps now. Its edited and ready for layout. Right now we have our sites on late September.

Thanks,
Steve

Troll Lord

First Post
Mmm looks very good

As an aside is there a 'collector's list' of all the TLG C&C products? I still find the product pages on the website confusing

The store front has everything C&C. You can find that here.

Is that confusing? I'm never sure. But love to get input from people outside of this office...as everyone around just looks at me and says "sure". Does that work "sure." Can you get around it easy? "sure" I'm pretty sure they just don't want to hear me talk.

Steve

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads