Casual group forming in Sterling, VA

Palantir

First Post
Hello!

I'm looking to form a casual tabletop roleplaying group in the Sterling, VA area. I need six players who would like to play with a 3.0 ruleset in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. The books that will be used for this game are:
  • 3.0 Players' Handbook
  • 3.0 Dungeon Masters' Guide
  • 3.0 Monster Manual
  • 3.x Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
I am looking to form a group that enjoys each other's company, and am not afraid to inform potential players that they aren't who we are looking for. As the saying goes, "nothing personal, just business." My perfect player should have the following characteristics:
  • A professional who remembers playing rpgs in high school/college and wants to integrate a little of that flavor back into an otherwise busy schedule.
  • Someone who enjoys "Beer and Pretzels" type games. Deep immersion style players need not apply.
  • Someone who understands that family and career come first, and is not going to be massively pissed off if a few people can't make the session on short notice. The remainder of the group may play something else (Axis and Allies anyone?), go see a movie (again, enjoying each other's company), grab drinks, or simply cancel the session. Having said that, if a player is finding that they can't make the sessions on a (pseudo-)regular basis, please recognize that I will ask you to make room for someone who can attend.

In short, we're looking for some buds to play D&D with. No pressure, no homework away from the session... just show up and have some fun. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please drop me a line at marknm76 at gmail dot com, telling me a little about yourself, and we'll go from there.

To be fair, here's a little about myself. I'm a 30 y/o, married professional who just moved into the area, working for a local tech company. I have over 20 years of roleplaying experience, most of it behind the DM screen. In the rare event that I have played a PC, I tend towards the thief and MU classes.

Remove ads