Cave of the spiders - Newbie PbP GM

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ery

Assuring the rescued man that she will do everything she can to help Tapp Ery moves off down the road after Donnybrook. She still has her wand in hand and is prepared to cover Donnybrook if he gets into any difficulties.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Assuring Lucas that she will do everything she can to help Tapp Ery moves off down the road after Donnybrook. She still has her wand in hand and is prepared to cover Donnybrook if he gets into any difficulties.
OOC: Dude! My character is called Lucas :confused: not the man's that we rescued :cool:

JimAde

First Post
The man waves off Girble, saying, "Thanks, but I just need a rest is all." He shakes Ery's hand. "My name's Boren. I'm forever indebted to you all," he says evenly and heads off down the trail.

Girble examines Lucas' wound and sees that while it looks nasty it's not all that deep. He places his hand on the wound and tapping the power granted him by Yondalla, he closes the punctures with a word.
[sblock]Cure light wounds. Your class bonus alone will take care of it, no need to roll.[/sblock]

Meanwhile, Donnybrook leaves the trail and takes a few strides in the direction Boren indicated. It takes the him only a few moments to discern the signs of passage. A few wisps of webbing scraped off on a tree, a muddy smear on a rock. It is apparent that the creatures tried to cover their tracks, but to Donnybrook's practiced eye, the way is as clear as if marked with red flags. They are heading straight for the cliffs looming a mile or so to the East.

[sblock]Track DC 18, Track Roll 10 + 14 = 24, easily succeeding.[/sblock]

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"... Where? Lead the way!" Girble finishes healing Lucas and trots up to Donnybrook.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Nodding his thanks to Girble, "Thanks you my friend, it's seems Donny has found the path to this infestation of spiders, allow me a moment to prepare myself"

OOC: Lucas cast Greater Mage Armour (+6 Def bonus, Duration 9 hours) & Stoneskin (DR10/Adamantine, Prevents 90 points of damage, Duration 9 hours) on himself.

Turning to his companions "When we next engage the enemy, I will attempt to gain mental control of one of our foes, if I'm successsful I will command the beast to lay down on the ground, so please don't attack it, otherwise it will ruin my spell"

"Also once we get to these cliffs, I'll use my magic to scout ahead of us, then we can plan out attack accordingly"

"We should be off while we still have light left to us"

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ery Elf Rogue

"Yes, let us be off, the longer we tarry the more chance of harm coming to the dwarf. As friend Lucas suggests how about we stop about 500 feet from the cliff so he can do his wiggly finger thing" Ery proposes. Turning to the wizard she continues "would that suit your purposes my friend or need we be closer?"

Ranger Rick

First Post
"I said they where heading towards the cliffs, I am not sure if they actually go to the cliffs. Are we all ready? Let us be off and I will continue to track them."

JimAde

First Post
Hoisting packs and checking weapons, you all set off after Donnybrook. The tracks go in a nearly arrow-straight path to the Northeast, diverting only to avoid the large outcroppings of rock common in the area. At one point, about a quarter mile from where you started, you come upon a strange scene. Shredded webbing is scattered across a large area and another of the enormous spiders lies dead, without a mark on it. Donnybrook looks around and says it looks as though a fight broke out within the group. In addition to the tracks you've been following there are suddenly wide bootprints present. On the other side of the battle-site the original tracks continue (minus one spider, probably :)).

The forest abruptly gives way to a long slope covered with loose rocks and scraggly bushes. At the tope of the slope, you can see a wide cave opening. Just above that, a sheer cliff, about as tall as a good bowshot, rises the cliff proper.

Remove ads