CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

gribble

Explorer
T-dawg figures he doesn't want to get any closer and spook Buzz Cut yet, so stays 10ft away in the next aisle, continuing to pretend to browse toys. He keeps a close eye on what is going on though, readying himself to move to intercept any hostile action from Buzz Cut.

Initiative - [roll0]

Shayuri

First Post
Death Otter switched the binoculars from the sheriff's car to the van, lingered for a moment, then went back to the sheriff's car.

"Okay, van driver's gone...might have gone into the back. Didn't see him get out. One of the uniforms is...oh ho." She licked her lips as a wave of raw covetousness swept over her.

"I think they've got a Stingray in that car," she said softly. "Oh man. Man, we have to get that. Do you even know how much I need that? Gun the engine and T-bone 'em from the passenger's side. I'll get out, grab the Stingray box while they're all stunned, and then we get out. Easy as PIE. Flaky, delicious apple PIE!"

She looked over at Marks, who was staring at her flatly.

"What? We've got people on the BunBun thing. They'll be fine!"

Marks laughs. "Pipe down, baby girl. You want a cell interceptor? We'll get one. The honest way--through purchase order. I know a guy, owes me a favor." Marks starts to silently count down seconds, hoping to beat hell T-dawg, J.R., and Cyril get back soon with the toy before Otter implodes. And where the hell is Feral?

J.R. decides to throw caution to the wind, maybe if Buzz Cut sees that Cyril is not alone and has a friend he'll move on, so he approaches the pair and addresses Cyril, "Hey Bro, yinz git that damn toy yet? We bin scouting stores alls day, I want to git home."

T-dawg figures he doesn't want to get any closer and spook Buzz Cut yet, so stays 10ft away in the next aisle, continuing to pretend to browse toys. He keeps a close eye on what is going on though, readying himself to move to intercept any hostile action from Buzz Cut.

When J.R. pipes up, Buzz Cut freezes and looks up, glancing over his shoulder. Cyril momentarily forgotten, Buzz Cut turns toward J.R.. "Who the f are you?" Buzz Cut reaches in a front pocket and pulls out a keychain, from which hangs a mini bottle of pepper spray. Pointing the pepper spray at J.R., Buzz Cut says, "Back the f off."

Cyril glances behind him and notes the open end of Aisle 5. Nothing overt stands between Cyril and a quick exit, stage-left.

Feral takes the gun, the box of ammo, and the condoms, intending to use them in some sort of practical joke on Cyril later, then heads toward the loading entrance, keeping low and staying alert. No one is outside in the loading bay by the semi tractor-trailer, but just inside a set of heavy plastic vertical blinds by the rear door of the store's storage area, a stock clerk works at unwrapping a pallet of Crayola products. She has her back turned to Feral.

Feral spies an open doorway that connects to a short hallway. Straight ahead is the retail area of the store. To the left is a computer station with an electronic scanner, and a set of metal lockers. The stock clerk shivers and stops working for a moment but doesn't turn around. Perception 7. Feral sees that she has a pair of ear buds in both ears. An iPod.

COMBAT ROUND 1

Initiative:
Otter --
Feral 23
J.R. 15
T-dawg 10
Cyril 8

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral makes his way past the clerk, toward the hallway and the retail area, tucking the gun in his belt and hiding it under his windbreaker for now.

[roll0] - Stealth

Rubberneck

First Post
J.R. raises his hands, for one to appear compliant, for two to have his hands ready in a defensive manner. He had been subjected to OC spray in basic training, tasked with exposure to the chemical and then required to run an obstacle course while under its effects. The spray wouldn't completely incapacitate him, but it would make combat more difficult. Instead he tries to defuse the situation,

"Hey man no need onnat, jest checking on my brudder dere, we don't want any trouble."

Shayuri

First Post
Death Otter gave Marks a skeptical look, then said, "Phone." When he paused, not sure what she meant she held her hand out. "Your PHONE! Give it!"

When he handed her his cellphone, she brought up the number, then dug her own newly-issued phone out and dialed it...then handed Marks his phone back. As she did, she started hyperventilating.

A moment later it rang.

"Hey," she said, all breathless from the hyperventilating, when he picked up. He could hear her in stereo...in the car beside him, and in the phone. "I got one out, but the store's too hot for me to get around to the front. I'm sure I saw eyes watching the place. I'm going to foot it out to the library so you can tell the decoy team to get out. But don't have them follow me. I don't think anyone saw me leave. Meet me at the fallback."

Then she closed the phone.

"Stiiiiiiiingray," she sighed happily.

COMBAT ROUND 1

Initiative:
Otter --
Feral 23
J.R. 15
T-dawg 10
Buzz Cut 9
Cyril 8

Marks laughed. Again. "Clever girl. You coulda just asked me what my number was. Now hand it back, please." Marks extends his hand palm up toward Otter, clearly expecting her to return his cell.

About 45 seconds after Otter makes her call, a man in business casual khaki slacks and a dark windbreaker exits the rear of the Navy blue Ford Econoline van and gets behind the wheel. The blue van's turn signal fires up and moments later the van glides into the flow of traffic, heading north away from the toy store. The Marion County sheriff's car stays put.

Feral makes his way past the clerk, toward the hallway and the retail area, tucking the gun in his belt and hiding it under his windbreaker for now. The stock clerk does not notice him, and neither do any of the customers browsing at the end of any of the store's nearby aisles. Feral feels blood trickling down his arm, however. By the feel of things, he's at risk for splattering blood on the bright white epoxy flooring. Feral spots Cyril in Aisle 5. Cyril has his back turned to Feral. A tall well-muscled guy with a buzz cut stands in Cyril's personal space. Buzz Cut holds a wallet and a pair of twenties in one hand. The other hand has a spray bottle of pepper spray. Behind Buzz Cut, Feral spies J.R. and T-dawg, also in Aisle 5 (although farther way). Buzz Cut's head is turned away from Cyril and Feral.

J.R. raises his hands, trying to appear compliant and partially in defense. "Hey man no need onnat, jest checking on my brudder dere, we don't want any trouble."
[sblock=Diplomacy]J.R. makes a Diplomacy -1 check, with a result of 12. Buzz Cut isn't buying J.R.'s attempt to diffuse the situation.[/sblock]

T-dawg, sensing trouble, tenses. The large man balls up his fists and steps forward 5', closer to Buzz Cut and Cyril. T-dawg seems to be waiting for something before moving.
[MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION], need a combat post from you for T-dawg.
[sblock=OOC]I prefer if you post an action for T-dawg before Tuesday 9 AM, but if you don't I will roll with the readied action I've prepared, which is to have T-dawg punch Buzz Cut in the face if Buzz Cut uses the pepper spray on anyone.[/sblock]

Buzz Cut growls at J.R., then lets loose with the pepper spray, hitting AC 14 with a ranged touch attack. The spray arcs through the air in the aisle, hitting J.R. in the face. His eyes immediately begin to scream in pain, and the edges of his vision start to blur. Make a Fortitude save.
[sblock=Pepper Spray]Ranged touch attack +4. J.R. has Dexterity 18, so his touch AC is 14. In this game, an attack roll that matches or exceeds a target's AC is considered a hit. The target (J.R.) must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 15) or be blinded for 1d4 rounds (1 round). Pepper spray is limited to 5 range increments.[/sblock]

Cyril wastes no time, and--the BunBun firmly in his grasp--darts around the end of Aisle 5. He spots Feral as he turns and runs.

Take a look at the map and let me know where Cyril heads and how he gets there.

Last edited:

Remove ads