CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral grabs the money and smiles, "Damn, not enough for a PS4."

Trying to make it sound like a suggestion, Feral says, "We shouldn't all go in at once. Might look suspicious. Cyril, you're dressed relatively normal so you should buy the bunny. Tell them its for your kid or something. The rest of us can hang back and keep an eye on things. Sound cool?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Ooooooorr," Death Otter drawls. "Or! We could NOT be idiots about this and NOT get in fistfights with adrenaline-sale-crazed soccer moms, and NOT risk the entire operation on whether or not we can get one of those toys fair and square."

She unfastens her seatbelt and rocks forward and backwards eagerly.

"We have two people wait around back where the truck with the shipment will pull. When the truck shows they let the rest of us know, and run interference to distract the driver. While he's busy with them, we pop the trailer door, grab a Bun-effing-bun, and skip home with pizza money."

Abruptly her eyes widen. "Ah! We...could we get one or two of the vests or uniforms they wear here? That'd be PERFECT! When's that truck getting here?!" Death Otter twisted around to press her face up against the glass, as if expecting to appear right then and there.

Marks grunts in contemplation. "Decent idea, 'cept the truck already came this morning and the next shipment isn't for seven days. Plus, Thomas and Cyril already stated they don't want to do anything illegal. Like theft. Then again, the State did just reduce theft from a class D felony to an A misdemeanor." Gavin smiles. "Garvey would like that. Still, it's probably better not to get hit with criminal charges the first job in."

"The vests is a good idea. But I don't have any to give you. We need to get this toy tonight, so who else has thoughts on how you wanna do this? Or where to get workers' vests?" Marks twists around in the driver's seat and looks at the four of you in the back.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral frowns and replies to Otter, "Yeah, like that wouldn't make a scene. What happens if one of the drivers or store stock people decide to be stupid and put up a fight? What then? Let's just buy the damn toy and get this over with."

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril looked around bewildered. He had just been about to concur with Feral, of all things, when Death Otter started tossing out increasingly complicated suggestions.

"Uh, why don't I just go in and see if there's a rush for this thing at the moment? Like Feral said, it doesn't make sense for all of us to go in..." Cyril paused to look around the van for a moment before continuing, "Especially not the ninjas. I guess you all could pull off a convincing cosplay or something. Anyway, I'll go in, T-Dawg comes in a minute after me. That way, if there is some kind of rush to get the thing, I have a feeling T-Dawg's, uh, presence may be enough to dissuade some of the other hopeful consumers."

Looking toward the front of the van, the former lawyer caught Marks' eye in the rear-view mirror. "Any particular one or just any of them? I thought your people were trying to pin down a certain broadcast."

Reaching out to tap Feral on the shoulder, Cyril thought better of it and coughed loudly, holding up his thumb and rubbing it against his index and middle finger. "I'm going to need that green though..."

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral holds the cash out but pulls it back when Cyril goes to take it, "No funny business. Just buy the toy and leave." He then hands over it for real.

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril made a face and pointed at himself, as if he was hurt that Feral would even question his integrity. Then he pasted on a broad smile and exited the van. Pretending to window shop for a few seconds, the lawyer walked toward the toy store.

Last edited:

gribble

Explorer
T-dawg seems to like Cyril's plan - keep it simple. We're only here to get a toy, just go in and buy one, no need to complicate things.

He waits quietly for a few minutes after Cyril leaves, lost in his thoughts, then exists the van and enters the store.

Rubberneck

First Post
"I'll go in after yinz and browse da clearence rack in case some jagoff tries something and yinz need help."

J.R. says after the group decided on a plan. He goes in a minute after T-Dog.

Remove ads