• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
After taking a quick peak in both directions of the hallway to ensure no one is coming, Father Spec enters the room, bringing his light with him.

Before Spec entered the room filled with slaughtered orcs, he noted the exterior hallway, which continued south for another ten feet beyond the doorframe, then doglegged sharply to the east. From the doorway, there was nothing that Spec could make out beyond the dogleg. Having noted the dogleg, Spec continued forward into the room, bringing his light with him.

The inside of the room was a bloodbath. Each of the six dead orcs lay in a pool of congealing blood, and the air was rife with the tang of copper. Roscoe was covered in orc grime. A bit of brain dripped from his earlobe and landed with a splat on the stone floor.

Guran set about searching the corpses. He found and piled near the center of the room: an unadorned but serviceable dagger, two rusty falchions, and a greataxe with silver edging on its steel blade and runes inscribed along its metal haft.

The Orc Guard wore intact but wretchedly smelly leather armor. Tough Orc wore singed studded leather armor badly in need of repair. Orc Bodyguards 1 and 2 wore leather armor shredded by multiple slices from short swords.

Colden's two handaxes were intact, lying on the floor, ready to be retrieved.

Fulgrim cleaned off his warhammer and had a look about the room. The room's original purpose was lost. Of late, however, the orcs seemed to be using for a bedchamber. A five-gallon wooden bucket stood in in the northwestern corner. It was full of piss.

OOC: Please have Guran roll an Intelligence (Investigation) DC 12 check.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Colden retrieves his weapons, cleaning them quickly before moving out into the halway to keep lookout.

"I'll keep an eye out for any more trouble."

Skarsgard

Explorer
"Lads, there is a trail of blood here leading around the corner." Colden moves out into the hallway fully so the door to the room is clear for his companions.

Wait, give a moment.
Roscoe, fatigued by the rage takes a sit on the chair the Orc sat moments ago. He takes out his waterskin and drinks while cleaning his weapon from the Orc blood. (short rest)
You must clean it right after the kill because it's drying up and smells badly.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: If we're taking a short rest, Fulgrim will cast Detect Magic as a ritual

Fulgrim looked to the rest of the group. "The noise of the fighting may attract others. If something comes to inspect and we're in this room, we'll be forced to fight our way out... not that I don't think we could handle it."

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Maybe I'm missing it, but why are we wanting to take a Short Rest? Takes an hour and I don't think any of us are all that injured at this point. I would vote to keep moving.

Fulgrim recoiled from the smell of the urine-filled barrel. Walking over to Guran he takes a look at the equipment he discovered, taking particular interest in the greataxe. "That doesn't look like orcish manufacture. The dwarf inspected the runes to see if he could comprehend their meaning.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads