• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CD) Rainbow Servant Questions

Rackhir

Explorer
First off, the advancement chart for this class only lists +1 level to prev caster class for I think 7 out of 10 levels. However the text for the class says +1 level to prev caster class per level. I would tend to go with the flavor text if I hadn't seen so many complaints about the shoddy editing and attention to detail in Complete Divine. Eratta for CD has been released, but there was no mention of Rainbow Servant at all.

Second, what this class essentially does once you reach the upper levels is give you access to the cleric spell list + 2 domains IIRC. However, the base class that the player wants to use this with is Warmage. They have a very restricted and limited spell list. They can add a very limited number of spells to this list (4 over the course of 20 Levels) and they have to be evocation spells. Has there been any rulings on this interaction. I'm inclined in any case to limit any spells he gains to clerical evocation spells.

So any suggestions, information, comments?

Scion

First Post
yep, it is a powerful combo.

text overrides the table, so they get full progression.

He gets access to a large number of spells.

Likely it is too strong for the warmage, but as written....

Then again, compared with the normal cleric anyway.. ;)

Infiniti2000

First Post
Scion said:
text overrides the table, so they get full progression.
I agree with that. Unfortunately, I think it was just a failure to go back and edit the text -- possibly after playtesting. For one thing, the example character does not get full progression. This PrC is clearly too strong for full progression, even as a sorcerer.

Remove ads