D&D General Vote Up a 5e-alike: The Current State Of Things (As of 10/27)

Faolyn

(she/her)
@CreamCloud0, the only type of magics that aren't there are transmutations and summoning--but as schools for magic that deals only with those things, rather than making those schools into a dumping ground for spells that don't obviously fit elsewhere.

There should be a school for healing. I know you put healing in with necromancy, but maybe it needs to be more of a "life energy" type of deal--Animus, maybe, which would involve anything that either bolsters or removes life energy.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
@CreamCloud0, the only type of magics that aren't there are transmutations and summoning--but as schools for magic that deals only with those things, rather than making those schools into a dumping ground for spells that don't obviously fit elsewhere.

There should be a school for healing. I know you put healing in with necromancy, but maybe it needs to be more of a "life energy" type of deal--Animus, maybe, which would involve anything that either bolsters or removes life energy.
you're probably right in that there also needs to be dedicated styles for transmutation and summoning, but while perhaps i didn't state it as clearly as i should have there would be apropriate transmutation and summoning spells scattered throughout the other styles(as would be with all spell schools), for example transmute rock and summon elemental in elemental, plant growth, summon beast/fey in primal and so on, and spells wouldn't be exclusive to any style but they would have the majority of coverage in said style,

i was assuming divine would've been the 'big' school for healing with warding coming up second, necromancy and primal having reasonable access too, battle would have the minimum of cure wounds and maybe healing word.

Last edited:

Remove ads