• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Celestial/Formian Lords or Princes/Princesses?

Ghostmoon

First Post
I am curious if anybody is aware of any named Celestial or Formian Lords or Princes/Princesses in D&D. In the "Defenders of the Faith" book, on the very last page, it makes note of the various Outsider and Elemental Lords in D&D but notes that celestial, formian, and slaad lords are not well known.

The slaad lords have been detailed in the original Fiend Folio (and now in the Tome of Horrors), but I have never seen any information on unique celestials or formians. Any information would be appreciated!

DanMcS

Explorer
The Guardinals have 6 princely type guys. Prince Talisid the Leonal, Duke Lucan (lupinal), Duchess Callisto (bear-type), Duke Windheir (avoral), Lord Hwyn (equinal), and Lord Rhanok (deer-type); one for each of the six types of guardinals basically. I did up a version of prince talisid and posted it to, um, here:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28602

The Formians have a capitol on Mechanus, where the Scion Queen Mother lives, she has the power of an intermediate deity.

The Eladrins have the Court of Stars on Arborea. There's a faerie queen type lady, I don't remember her name, she was mentioned in some Planescape product. The rest of this info is from the Manual of the Planes.

the Jester

Legend
I don't know about the formians, but modrons- the original LN outsider type- were ruled by the One, the Prime, Primus, until events in some weird Planescape 2e modules. And maybe again after, depending on your point of view.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Hm....I'd very much like to collect a cohesive list of all of these....my Deity-A-Week thread begs to stat them for worship.....

Jeph

Explorer
It's probably all wrapped up in some netbook somewhere . . .

EDIT: You'd better act honored. That was the first time the boards let me post in like a week!

Last edited:

LGodamus

First Post
the slaad lords are not all there in the tome of horrors unfortunately they forgot one.....plus they don't have them named just their titles.

the Jester

Legend
LGodamus said:
the slaad lords are not all there in the tome of horrors unfortunately they forgot one.....plus they don't have them named just their titles.

Huh? Who'd they forget? They got both of the old FF slaad lords (Ssendem and Ygorl)...

LGodamus

First Post
there were 3 in an old dragon mag let me check for his name right quick.................................................................................................whoa cancel that they forgot Chourst lord of randomness,and Renbuu lord of colors..

Remove ads