• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Celestial Fury 3.5

Paragon

Wielder of the Power Cosmic
ok need some input here.

i'm trying to work out how to do a sword in 3.5 rules, i'm not sure if this should go in conversions but here we are.

in 2e the sword was a katana that was +3, did electrial damage on every strike, cast lightning bolt 3xday 10d6, fly at will,
(now those powers aren't hard to figure out, here is the tricky part)
when drawn it lets out a thundering boom that stuns/deafens people in a 10'r and it also turns the weather progressivly worse while drawn eventually heading to heavy downpour type storm weather.
it also keeps the wearer dry at all times but that is more of a cool side effect than anything else.

what are anyones ideas on the rules side for set-up/creation of said magic item?

thanks for your time

Last edited:

noeuphoria

First Post
Ahh, I remember getting CF back in Baldur's Gate 2. I'd say let it have a "sound burst" kind of effect when drawn, do 1d8 damage in 10' radius, with stun for 1 round and deafness for 1d4 rounds, fort save to negate blindness and deafness. For the other effect, I'd have it duplicate a control weather spell, but it only makes the weather progressively more stormy. Notice I'm not commenting on the uberness of this weapon, and how it might be pretty overpowered unless you're at very high levels. If you're looking for the 'truest' conversion, that's what I'd use.

Paragon

Wielder of the Power Cosmic
this is definately a high lvl item. no doubt there. and the sword actually first appeared in a dragon magazine with a really cool back story. thats what caught my eye more than anything else.

Sejs

First Post
Sound Burst when drawn. The save DC would be pretty low (12) unless tweaked somehow.

Every 10 minutes the weapon remains unsheathed (not in use necessarily, just by virtue of the blade not being in its sheath), the local weather worsens by one stage. In effect, any time the sword is out, it's trying to cast a Control Weather effect. It'd be a DM call if you'd rather it require 10 minutes uninterrupted, or just every 10 cumulative minutes that accrues.

Last edited:

Remove ads