• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Celtic Dreams : calling alternates.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Just a Note.

Celtic Age by Avalance Press rocks...

Not 'Slaine' by any means, but a realistic look at an ancient people.

It has rules for Druids, as Loremasters, not wolf-companioned spell slingers, Bards that fit your above mention, and kick-ass rules on Taking Heads, a very big thing among the Celts (with rules for what Powers you get depending on whose head you have, a very funny thing, as they are not all great).

I highly suggest this book to DrZombie.
Look for the pdf at the least...

I don't know if I will be able to play this one, though I voted. I am in a bunch of games at this point, and running 6...

I need to focus more on getting a new band together, and less on living in front of my comp, now that my broken ankle is healed.

Alcareru

First Post
Count me in please. Mulling over PC ideas....May try a straight up fighter or a priest if no one else is so inclined.

A couple of questions:

Where is the game going to be set specifically?- and can our PC be ffrom anywhere in the Celtic world.

Can priests follow any particular god or are they generalists. Im thinking of a club weilding druid/priest follower of the Dagda.

EDIT: Ok my thoughts are Ronan na Duir (Ronan of the Oak) age 35, a druid (in the celtic sense a teacher, educator and leader of the rituals) in training, follower of Dagda. Carries an oak greatclub with emphasis on Strength domain.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
May I join too please - as a Bard too

Cauaros the Giant, a warrior, storyteller and Seer

I assume since its 400BC and we're having contact with Romans that we'll be Gauls in the Alps region

DrZombie

First Post
Tonguez said:
May I join too please - as a Bard too

Cauaros the Giant, a warrior, storyteller and Seer

I assume since its 400BC and we're having contact with Romans that we'll be Gauls in the Alps region
Give the man a banana, right on the spot.

First of all, nothing is set in stone, if you’re a bit unhappy about a change in a class, or a specific setting issue, let’s hear about it, don’t be afraid, I hardly ever bite people since i started taking the medication.

So far we have 5 potential players, one afraid to take one’s place and another one with a healed ankle and not enough time (Thanks about the tip about the book mate, will check it out, have fun with your new band and if you can’t join, I do realize there’s more to life than this game (but don’t tell my wife I said that))

Tonguez : bard

Alcareru : Priest? (more about that later)

Mithreander : Rogue

Argent : Moon Maiden

Jaik : ranger

Chaos : ?

Uriel :?

Alcareru : the standard cleric doesn’t really fit in well with my view of the celtic world. To touch a priest in anger is to call the wrath of the gods upon your head, only the truly desperate will ever do so. They are not trained in weapons or warfare. Think BAB & HP of wizard, one extra domein, one extra spell per level.

I’m thinking hard about an alternative… I dunno, someone blessed by the gods?. You wouldn’t be part of the official priesthood, maybe even seen as a witch. Tell me what you think.

Campaign planning as I see it : You’ll be a small warband, mercenaries, headed by the moon maiden. To be a moon maiden is to go against evrything society wants women to be. To have a moon maiden in the band gives the band a lot of prestige, and they would be better treated as the ordinary mercenaries butat the same time would make them more feared, as moon maidens are something of a dark past, times best forgotten. The rogue was probably handed over to the band, as the Celts are not into prisons, they have a more hands-on approach, such as a handy wickerman on solstice. You’ll start off at the lake of geneva in a big village, headed by Cailith-Ap-Dréach.

Keep me informed of character concepts as you think about them, and we’ll discuss it. Don’t hesitate to give comments about other peoples characters. With the different adjustments it’s easy to loose track of game balance. I don’t really give a toss, if someone abuses a gap in the rules to powerplay, a bolt of lighning will strike his character repeatedly untill, by the iron laws of storytelling, only a pair of smoking shoes will remain, wether he was wearing ‘em or not.

PS don’t forget about gaesa, if you like’em use ‘em.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
DrZombie said:
PS don’t forget about gaesa, if you like’em use ‘em.

The gaesa I'm considering is
"Beware the company you keep and guard your heart lest it should weep
For if you oppose the man you once called 'friend' then shall you meet a dire end
"

Now as to the Trait - I suppose being Large size is out of the question :eek: but want something to follow the 'giant' theme of my characters name (Cauaros means Giant) - I suppose Con or Str bonus would fit too

DrZombie

First Post
The geasa is fine, but severe. Be very very carefull of who you call friend.

Large size is indeed a bit over the top. However, you are the max height for a human, and get a +2 bonus to str, and you can use two-handed weapons as a one-handed weapon.

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Well, count me in then I guess. Since the Bard position has been taken now, I guess I'll have to rethink... I don't really know what I could take, though. It seems like we have a very well-rounded party already so I suppose that gives me free license. I'll have to think about it and get back toy uo tonight.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Quicj Preview: AGATHA

Agatha
Medium Humanoid (Female Human) Moon Maiden 3rd Level (Variant Paladin)
Hit Dice: 3d10+6 (36 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (), touch 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
Attack: +6 melee (2d6+6/19–20/x2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Smite Evil 1/day +2 attack/+3 damage
Special Qualities: Human Traits, Paladin/Moon Maiden Traits
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 15
Skills: Sense Motive +7, Ride +6
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Cleave
Alignment: Lawful Good
Moon Maiden Abilities: Aura of good, detect evil, smite evil 1/day, Divine grace (+2), lay on hands (6 points), Aura of courage, divine health
Languages: Common (Gaelic)

Agatha is a quiet soft-spoken girl. She has been with the clan since she was found running with a herd of wild Horses. She has never really socialized well but has always defended the clan with her whole heart.
She stands 5’10” and 140 pounds her hair is brown with red highlights. Her eyes are dark and black as coal. She has a tattoo on her shoulder of a Horse.
She dresses in dark colors and seems adverse to bright colors like yellow.
Still working on a weil and woe for her.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads