• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Celtic Dreams : calling alternates.

DrZombie

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Agatha
Medium Humanoid (Female Human) Moon Maiden 3rd Level (Variant Paladin)
Special Attacks: Smite Evil 1/day +2 attack/+3 damage
Alignment: Lawful Good
Moon Maiden Abilities: Aura of good, detect evil, smite evil 1/day, Divine grace (+2), lay on hands (6 points), Aura of courage, divine health
Languages: Common (Gaelic)
Special attacks : just smite, there is no good or evil.
You loose aura of good and detect evil, you gain Rage (as the barbarian ability)

Special : may not multiclass without loosing moon maiden ability, if maidenhood is lost all special class abilities are lost.

Alignment : chaotic neutral

There is no such thing as common.
Languages are : gaelic, latin, greek, phoenician, germanic, pictish

Jaik

First Post
The miniature's handbook has a class that might work for your ideas on a priest class, the healer. They get 4 skill points per level, wizard BAB, good fortitude and will saves, increasing healing abilities and a spell list restricted to mostly benign and healing spells. They're proficient with simple weapons and light armor, but may not wear any metallic armors. They get bonus spells for high wisdom, but the spells' DCs are determined by their charisma. Let me know if you want to know more.

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
I'll change my background to mesh better with the story line, so far...

Could you please give me more informaiton on this 'weal and woe' thing and this gaesa thing? I'm not familiar with these things.

DrZombie

First Post
Jaik said:
The miniature's handbook has a class that might work for your ideas on a priest class, the healer. They get 4 skill points per level, wizard BAB, good fortitude and will saves, increasing healing abilities and a spell list restricted to mostly benign and healing spells. They're proficient with simple weapons and light armor, but may not wear any metallic armors. They get bonus spells for high wisdom, but the spells' DCs are determined by their charisma. Let me know if you want to know more.
Sounds kinda ok to me, though I think it would be more of a priestess of the mother godess by the sounds of it... or a priest as well I guess. You choose.

DrZombie

First Post
Mithreander said:
I'll change my background to mesh better with the story line, so far...

Could you please give me more informaiton on this 'weal and woe' thing and this gaesa thing? I'm not familiar with these things.
Gaesa : You can start with a gaesa, a prophecy foretelling your death should a certain thing come to pass. In exchange you can have a "humanoid" trait : a dwarven constitution, elven dexterity, orcish darkvision,.... These things represent the fey blood some characters might posess. Examples of gaesa are : Sleep not in the same place twice, Be not the kings shield. Do not kill the dog that bites you,.... If you break your gaesa, by accident or on purpose, you will die. No saving throws, feats or spells can save you.

Basically this is something you come up with yourself, it's not necessary by any means, just something to add to the character.

Weal and woe : I think he means "further background"

DrZombie

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Actualy I meant Geasa. I think her's should be "never be ridden by a horse." giving her a +2 con.
Eeeuhm, never be ridden by a horse? I wonder what Eric's grandma would say about that lol.
Maybe "never eat a horses flesh" or "never kill a horse" what do you think?

Argent Silvermage

First Post
DrZombie said:
Eeeuhm, never be ridden by a horse? I wonder what Eric's grandma would say about that lol.
Maybe "never eat a horses flesh" or "never kill a horse" what do you think?
Actualy It works as is. Her could be carrying some horse meat on her back or a chiuld or injured person from a "horse "tribe. She would never know.

Mithreander

Explorer
"Ask and you shall recieve: if any material object that he has is asked for, and is not given by him, then death will take the only thing of true value to him."

Hows that?

Remove ads