• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Celtic Dreams

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Cauaros moves into position then readying himself prepares to chant some ancient battle song to inspire the men to take courage against these fell beings.

"Though I counsel talking to them first" he whispers...

Jaik

First Post
Aerik glances from the Fomorians to Fendor, then back. He knows that Fendor works at his best when the enemeny is distracted and so plans to rush the same enemy as Fendor. As he crouches behind an oak, he draws his hand-axes, their weight light and familiar in his hands. He spins them in his hands, loosening up, then hears quick footfalls as Agatha begins the attack.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
"Sadlo, llechu", Nak orders the hounds to heel and hide, and eases his satchels to the ground.

He nocks an arrow and creeps forward to give Agatha 'close fire support', as silently as a forest shadow*. His hounds snug to the ground and bushes, follow close behind.

"Ya nay ken Fomors my Giant friend. They is good only fer the spit or the spade."

Nak is prepping for a possible sneak attack on the spear weilding Formor (the sixth one) as he looks to be the only one armed (as far as I can tell).

*Forgive the hyperbole, I too doubt a Hide and MS of 7 equal a 'forest shadow', but the poetry was there...

DrZombie

First Post
The rundown farmhouse is in a small clearing amidst the trees. It has two small windows facing south, and a small door facing east. To the east of it, about ten meters from it, are the burned-down remains of a wooden barn.

To the south of these buildings, near the edge of the clearing, are the seven fomori. Two small ones and two medium sized, all of 'em wearing filthy leather armor. they have shortswords or axes at their belts. A third small fomorian was holding the spear, and is now sprawled on the ground, just being backhanded by a large fomorian. This brute has a huge club laying on the ground next to him.

At the moment they don't seem to notice any of you, as they are laughing at the antics of the large and small one.

[init and spot checks for evryone. They are surprised the first round. You know the drill]

Seonaid

Explorer
Diarmat trots through the forest at a pace designed to cover as much ground in a day as possible. He carries his spear and shield loosely, easily. His thoughts are consumed by the joining ceremony--and subsequent celebration--that he had attended the night before. At least I didn't drink as much as some, he thinks wryly, glad the sun doesn't bother his head as it had, well, other times. As he lopes through the brush, he smiles at his freedom, the feel of the sheltering trees around him, the chittering of the creatures, the breeze in his face, but most of all, the escape from the village and the knowledge that he had no one depending on him at home.

As he crests a small rise, he notes with detached concern smoke coming from a clearing. Too much and the wrong time of day for a campfire, and there shouldn't be any large towns here to make so much cooking smoke, he thinks. He slows a trifle as he continues. At the sound of combat, a grin spreads on his face and he jostles his spear and shield in anticipation.

[Initiative: 17; Spot: 15]

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Nak sneaks in closer in the shadow of the farmhouse. Attempting to get withing range of the Large Fomor, to catch it in the brisket with an arrow.

He waits for the others to get in postion and and Agatha to 'single' with a charge...

Hide=12, Move Silently=18, Initiative=15

Jaik

First Post
Aerik hears Agatha begin her charge and winces for what is about to befall the largest of the Fomorians, then turns toward Fendor, waiting for him to choose their target.
(Spot 17, Initiative 7)

DrZombie

First Post
The group of fomorians is taken by surprise,and scramble to a standing position, drawing their weapons, but too late. Agatha, howling as a banshee attacks the leader.

.....Ar....F...C

.TTT TT T.. TTT TT

.3.....4......5............T

.6....Ag.................T..N

.......D

Ar = Aerik
F = Fendor
C = cauaros
N = Nak
Ag = Agatha
D = Diarmat

T = Tree

1-2-6 = small fomori armed with shortsword or handaxe
3-4-5 = medium fomori armed with large axe or sword
7 = Large fomori armed with massive club.

Agatha has charged, roll for hit and damage, rest : 1 standard action available.

Try to give me a battle plan for the next two rounds, using if-then thingies, I'll try and interpret 'em as best as I can, roll to hit and damage for two rounds as well. If not we'll be in combat till christmass :D .

Remove ads