• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Censure of Retribution question (Avenger)

Krensus

First Post
Censure of Retribution says when an enemy other than your oath of enmity target hits you, you cumulatively add your Int mod to damage vs. your oath of enmity target until the end of your next turn.

If I do not currently have an oath of enmity target, does this bonus damage accumulate? Is it keyed to that specific monster if I do have a target? For example, if I got hit twice to gain +6 damage vs. my oath target and before my next turn happens, the oath target dies, if I choose a new oath target do I still get the damage bonus?

Thanks

I would say no. Each use of Oath of Enmity is unique and any bonuses accrue only to that use, but as written there is nothing which specifically says that. So it would really be up to your DM to make a ruling. However I think that is the way the rule was intended to work. You swear an oath to kill that particular creature and any oath buffs apply to fulfilling that particular oath. New oath target, new set of buffs.

jbear

First Post
I'd say if you have no Oath Target when your being hit, no dmg can be accumulated.
For an enemy to be an enemy other than your oath target, first you need to have an oath target. Otherwise they are just enemies and don't trigger your power.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads