• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Centaurs, Natrual Attack and Armed Attack

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
I'm currently playing a centaur in my munchkin campaign. Personally, I'd advise against the TWF route. Considering how you're essentially mounted all the time, you're going to want to charge, charge, charge.

Also, one thing I didn't see anyone mention is that you only get 1/2 your Str bonus to damage with your hooves.

MorganKiller

First Post
Sorry Arthur, but I think your attack bonuses are wrong...

+4 BAB +3 (str bonus) = +7 bonus with primary weapon

it drops to +5/+5 with TWF (assuming no weapon focus, or masterwork weapons are involved).

Hooves attacks have also +5/+5 bonus...

So the full attack is +5/+5/+5/+5
(longsword, shortsword, hooves x2)

BrooklynKnight

First Post
MorganKiller said:

it drops to +5/+5 with TWF (assuming no weapon focus, or masterwork weapons are involved).

Hooves attacks have also +5/+5 bonus...

So the full attack is +5/+5/+5/+5
(longsword, shortsword, hooves x2)
woops, righto.

cantrip

Explorer
MorganKiller said:

Except it should probably be
+4 BAB +3 (str bonus) -1 (size penalty) = +6 with primary weapon, +4/+4 TWF and so on... Assuming we're talkin MM centaurs? :)

evilbob

Explorer
FYI, Multiattack requires 3 or more natural attacks. (So no multiattacking hooves, I believe. Unless you also had a bite or something similar.)

jgsugden

Legend
Rememeber that *all* natural attacks are treated like a secondary attack when combined with a manufactured weapon attack. Even if the natural attack normally does normal strength damage (like a 1 handed weapon) or double strength damage (like a two handed weapon), it deals only 1/2 strength damage (like an off hand weapon) because all secondary attacks deal 1/2 strength damage.

Of course, this does not apply when using the natural weapon to perform an AoO. When used by itself (as in a standard action attack or during an AoO). Then, the natural weapon is treated normally (ie; it deals the normal damage).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads