Ceramic DM- The Renewal ( Final judgement posted)

Macbeth

First Post
Any idea who will judge the next contest?

I have some pictures and sites that could easily be mined for CDM pictures, but I would feel bad using them if I'm a contestant. But then again, I'm not all that sure I would want to judge. Maybe I'll just sit the next one out and send BSF some pictures...

orchid blossom

Explorer
alsih2o said:
My apologies, this is what I have for now. I am sure we will have more soon. :)

No apologies needed, now I feel bad, for I was just being silly.

Congrats to Mythago! Someday I'll catch you. Sadly it won't likely be until at least next winter. I'm going to be pretty busy planning a wedding. But I'll still be reading. :)

Now that you judges can go lift all the spoilers, I can say I knew the story wasn't done. There was a lot left to do, but not time left to do it in, so that was that. I turn in a lot of first drafts, it seems.

The accordianist was and was not a touch back to the accordianist pic. I put it in because the guy in the striped shirt in one of the picks just made me think of those weird pseudo-French clubs you see in movies full of smoking beatniks and accordian players. And then I remembered the accordian pic and thought that was cool.

I could swear there was another comment I wanted to respond to, but I can't remember. Soi anyway, thanks to everyone for reading, competing and judging.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm back online and glad the judgment got posted! I'll add my comments so the judging record is complete. Nice job, both of you; I'm tremendously impressed.

BSF

Explorer
Macbeth said:
Any idea who will judge the next contest?

I suppose I would be considered a Judge. ;)
I leave it open to Maldur to see if he wants to Judge the next round.
I do not currently have any other Judges. There is a backchannel discussion on Ceramic DM in which we have been hashing out different ideas for the next round. I have been avoiding asking anybody else to Judge until I know what parameters the contest will encompass. That way, if we change any structure, I can explain it beforehand and a potential judge can decide from there.

What I do want is for any of you who wish to compete to have the opportunity to sign up and try to get involved in the contest. I have no problem with folks sending me pictures, but if you do, please let me know your screenname. I will try to keep track and avoid using those pics for you if you want to write.

Macbeth

First Post
Well, I'll see how busy I am when the contest rolls around. I may just wait till I finally win a contest and get a chance to judge and use the pictures I've found ;) .

mythago

Hero
Thanks to all, and congrats to orchid blossom on a tough round!

I would be happy to judge next time, if needed. Much as I love Ceramic DM, I don't really want to be the elephant in the room. I'm going to sit out for a while.

Hellefire

First Post
I was off internet for about 2 weeks and missed what happened to the spectator thread. I liked it. I liked readign and judging stories, though the real judges almost always disagreed with me so I might not be very good at it. But I think the spectator thread is a great idea. I posted all of my other ideas already, a month or so ago, mainly about more info in the FAQ on what to expect. Of course, writing is still new and exciting enough for me that I definitely want to participate again. But, again, I think Mythago deserves some time to bask in a victory.

Aaron

BSF

Explorer
The Commentary thread is OK, but in previous contests where we did spectator commentary in-line with the stories, the conversation seemed a lot more lively. There was more discussion on the writing process without the dosconnect from the judges, who also like to participate in that discussion. The big concern has been that spectator commentary could be construed as building a bias for the judges. I think for the next contest, we should keep all the commentary in with the regular thread and trust the judges not to read anything that might create a bias. *shrug* We trust writers not to read competitor's stories before posting so it doesn't seem like a stretch to trust the judges.

As for Mythago basking in her glory, I will just point out that by my recollection Mythago has never lost. She has plenty of glory with three Ceramic DM titles for her belt. ;)

Mirth

Explorer
BardStephenFox said:
She has plenty of glory with three Ceramic DM titles for her belt. ;)

Rub it in, why don't ya!?! :D Seriously though, congrats to mythago for being the kick-wheeled, no-glazed, salt-fired Ceramic DM in relation the rest of us raku-quickie DMs.

Either I'm drunk or that will make sense to alsih2o.

Remove ads