• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM

Eeralai

First Post
For those of you who don't know, David and Sage are both participating in a writing contest in the general forum called Ceramic DM. Sage won his match and David's match as yet to be judged. I'm sorry to say that I have not read your story yet, Sage, because of my own things going on, but I did read David's and I am still amazed how he put the story together so well and so fast! Be sure to check them out!

Last edited by a moderator:

BSF

Explorer
Umm, just testing something. I want to see if I can create a menu of the Ceramic DM entries. Looks good. I will keep this for testing and I will email Piratecat to see if he wants to use this for the first post in the Ceramic DM thread.

Quicklinks to Photos, Stories and Judgements:
Use these to avoiding wading through all the discussion between stories.

First Round
1 Pictures - Alish2o vs Cool Hand Luke - Judgement
2 Pictures - Macbeth vs Thullgrim - Judgement
3 Pictures - Berandor vs Drose25 - Judgement
4 Pictures - Mythago vs Orchid Blossom - Judgement
5 Pictures - Tzor vs Zhaneel - Judgement
6 Pictures - RangerWickett vs Speaker - Judgement
7 Pictures - WanderingMonster vs BardStephenFox - Judgement
8 Pictures - NiTessine vs Francisca - Judgement

Second Round (Winners of First Round competitions)
1 Pictures - Alish2o vs Macbeth - Judgement
2 Pictures - Mythago vs Drose25 - Judgement
3 Pictures - BardStephenFox vs NiTessine - Judgement
4 Pictures - Zhaneel vs RangerWickett - Judgement

Third Round (Winners of Second Round competition)
1 Pictures - Macbeth vs BardStephenFox - Judgement
2 Pictures - Mythago vs Zhaneel - Judgement

Final (Winners of Third Round competition)
Pictures - Macbeth vs Mythago - Judgement

Related Links:
Ceramic DM Contests
Ceramic DM - December 2002
Ceramic DM - January 2003
Ceramic DM - March 2003
Ceramic DM - April 2003
Ceramic DM - June 2003
Ceramic DM - August 2003 (Spycraft & Modern themed)
Ceramic DM - October 2003
Ceramic DM - January 2004

Ceramic DM Inspired stories without the time limits.
Ceramic DM, the home version
Kiln-Fired Ceramic DM

And finally ... Instant Feedback a thread that has commentary on the stories, where the judges won't see it and possibly become "biased".

Last edited:

Eeralai

First Post
Maman

Just finished your second story Sage. I thought it was well written, and the use of the pictures was very effective. I just hope this wasn't too autobiographical! Certainly since you are still role-playing, I assume that you didn't feel like your imagination was squashed. Good Luck!

Macbeth

First Post
Eeralai said:
Just finished your second story Sage. I thought it was well written, and the use of the pictures was very effective. I just hope this wasn't too autobiographical! Certainly since you are still role-playing, I assume that you didn't feel like your imagination was squashed. Good Luck!
Actually, it wasn't too autobiographical at all. More of an observation on growing up in general, not my childhood. And I think I'll need the luck, since I really went out on a limb with this one.

But even though it wasn't too autobiographical, it was ment to be fairly personal, and given you response, it seems it came across that way. I just hope that doesn't work against me.

And, an intersting note, I realized I used the name Deborah in my fist story (middle name for the female main character). An interesting coincidence, since I wasn't thinking of your character at all. Just happened to be the first name that came to mind as I tried to pour out more story. Weird.

Eeralai

First Post
Macbeth said:
And, an intersting note, I realized I used the name Deborah in my fist story (middle name for the female main character). An interesting coincidence, since I wasn't thinking of your character at all. Just happened to be the first name that came to mind as I tried to pour out more story. Weird.

I must admit, I still have not read your first story due to a back log. But I am trying to stay current with the second round. I even read Clay's second round as far as I could; it was way too disturbing for me to finish. As far as names go, I hate naming stuff when I write. If a name comes to mind and seems reasonable, I go with it. When I wrote Gwen's background (my character from the first campaigne) one of her brother's was named Aaron. He had no similarities to Brandon's character Aaron, I just liked the name. When I turned her background into a novel though, he was the character who turned out most like a cleric, which was what Brandon's character was. He still has no similar traits to Brandon's character, but I did think it was kind of weird. David says if I ever put Crill in the story, she has to hate Aaron just like she did Brandon's character in the game. :p

Macbeth

First Post
Wow! I won my match! Now on to the semi-finals! Looks like my risk taking with a type of writing I wasn't used to payed off.

Macbeth

First Post
And David won his match! We're both in the semifinals... and we got paird against each other! That's right, match 3-1 is me vs. David!

Remove ads