• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Cerulean Seas?

zigmenthotep

First Post
I've been wanting to run a game in the Cerulean Seas setting for awhile now, (and wanting to run an underwater game in general since I started DMing) and was hoping someone might have some experience and be able to help me with a few questions I have.

How well do the tracking trees work in actual game play?
Does Indigo Ice have rules for adapting the gunslinger to underwater? (the cover has a penguin with a gun, so I can only assume)
How can I convince my players that it's not scary and complicated? My players are excessively opposed to learning new rules.
Any other experiences, thought, opinions that might be helpful.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cephor

Villager
I've not played or ran anything from this book, but I'm interested in picking it up along with all the extra books.
How can I convince my players that it's not scary and complicated? My players are excessively opposed to learning new rules.
My advice is to offering your players a one shot adventure with pre-made PC's. Give them the pitch and offer to run it for one session. Maybe even provide a hook that links to the campaign you actually want to run. If they don't like it, well at least you gave it a fair shot. If they do, get excited! Even give them a chance to expand on the PC's you provided or give them the XP those pre-builds gained for that first session.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads