CG's Keep on the Shadowfell (IC)(4e)

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yah this is only the 2nd combat I've ever been in with the 4ED rules funkiness. I was thinking the mark gave adamar an OA instead of just basic immediate intertupt attack, so originally I added my superiority bonus which let me hit the slinger even with the 2 I rolled on the attack. I thought 4ED was supposed to be simpler than 3.5. :p

But no amount of rules are going to save those roles I've been coming up with...only I can consistently miss when I only need to roll a 5+ to hit on a d20. The saddest part is that when I DM I roll 20s 80% of the time - the universe hates me big time! :.-([/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
only for the DM
It is the PbP that is much harder in 4E than 3E, because of all the modifiers that occur throughout the course of an encounter from ALL characters, rather than just the one or two you might get from a spellcaster in the old game. Especially because you have to post in initiative order all the time due to movement changes, and power effects that start and end due to end-of-turn and saves.

Thus, Combat in 4E PbP is slower that it was in 3E.

Velmont

First Post
Alear shift to follow DS2 and swing at it, but miss.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Bond of Retribution: Two attack roll: Attack DS2 (1d20=1, 1d20=6). Those are unmodified attack rolls, in case DS2 shift out of reach, I would have attack with Radiant Vengeance. But with a 6, no way anything hit. IC don't like that character at all.[/SBLOCK]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
CG: Any chance you could add the Initiative Order to the post with the map in it? This way we only have to go to one place to figure out where we are in the battle? Thanx!

And we're back to the top of the order now, correct?

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Initiative order is Autumn, Stratagem, bad guys, Adamar, Alear, Alain
I think Alain is up before it gets back to Autumn.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Here I think how combat is processed by CG. It is similar to another game where we both play.

Initiative: First round, we roll initiative. Bad guys play all at the same time (one initiative roll for all of them, generally rolled by the leader).

People acting before enemies acts.
Enemies acts.
We all acts.
Enemis acts.
We all acts....

The order between us doesn't matter. It is first post first acting.

Effects: Because of the initiative system, effects that affect other PC than your own that end at the end of your next turn can be troublesome. The solution can make things simplier:

Effect that last until the end of the next turn that affect yourself work normally as it is easy to keep track. It start on your current turn at the moment you act and finish at the end of your next action.

When the effect affect allies, allies will be affected on the next round only. That way, they will be affected only once, as the feect was intended to be used.[/SBLOCK]

Redclaw

First Post
Alain takes on the weak looking kobold, hoping that he can help the team's efforts a little. His longsword slides through the kobold's meager defenses, spilling its blood on the dirt of the road.
[sblock=ooc] Warsong Strike vs. Kob5, hits AC 17 for 11 damage.
Shift 1 square NE.[/sblock]

Remove ads