• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chain Devil Crazyness

derickmoore25

First Post
ac of 20 is cr 30. Hp of 20 is 1/8 that averages 15 on defencive cr. Then +6 hit is cr 5. 1d4+4 is average damage 6-7 for cr 1/2 averaging 2.75 so 3 offensive cr average. You average def and off cr for 15+3=18 half of 18 is 9 so i actually under estimated the cr by 1.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
ac of 20 is cr 30 hp of 20 is 1/8 that averages 15 on defencive cr
That's not how that works. You go to what CR the HP indicate, 1/8, and then move up the CR chart one step for every 2 points by which the AC is greater than the AC on the same CR row, which is 3 steps because 20 AC is 7 higher than 13 AC. That brings the defensive CR to 1 - not 15.

+6 hit is cr 5 1d4+4 is average damage 6-7 for cr 1/2 averaging 2.25 so 2 offensive
That's also not correct. You go to what CR the damage indicates, 1/2, and then move up the CR chart one step for every 2 points by which the attack bonus is greater than the attack bonus on the same CR row, which is 1 step because +6 is 3 higher than +3. That brings the offensive CR to 1 - not 2.25.

cr average you average def and off cr for 15+2=17 half of 17 is 8.5 which i rounded down.
Then you do this part with the correct numbers and get 1 + 1 = 2, which divided by 2 is 1 - not 8.5.

derickmoore25

First Post
That's not how that works. You go to what CR the HP indicate, 1/8, and then move up the CR chart one step for every 2 points by which the AC is greater than the AC on the same CR row, which is 3 steps because 20 AC is 7 higher than 13 AC. That brings the defensive CR to 1 - not 15.

That's also not correct. You go to what CR the damage indicates, 1/2, and then move up the CR chart one step for every 2 points by which the attack bonus is greater than the attack bonus on the same CR row, which is 1 step because +6 is 3 higher than +3. That brings the offensive CR to 1 - not 2.25.

Then you do this part with the correct numbers and get 1 + 1 = 2, which divided by 2 is 1 - not 8.5.

Yeah not sure why i was averaging don't know whats going on with me today sorry

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
For some reason I think the default duration is a day if there isn't one listed and not permanent.

Not sure where I read that. Maybe Twitter or buried somewhere in the DMG.

Remove ads