• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chakra Magic: My Elemental Magic System

XeviatTranion

First Post
For the last four years, I have been trying to design an elemental magic system that fit my vision of magic for my setting. I started this before I even had access to 3rd edition rules, starting with some ideas provided to me by a friend. I have been fine tuning the system over the years on the WotC boards, and now I think I am finally near completion.

But I need your help. I'm having difficulties putting the final touches to the system to get it functional. I do have a firm grasp on how I want my magic to feel, and how to explain it in story form, but translating it to rules has been very difficult.

I'll start with the flavor/story side, and then show how I think it might be implimented:

----------

The entire world, and most of the creatures within it, are composed of the five elements: Air, Earth, Fire, Water, and Void. There are some who are able to command the elemental energy that suffuses the world, and the manifestation of this energy is known as magic. This elemental energy is collectively known as mana; which element it belongs to greatly effects it's manifestation.

Because the creatures who wield magic are composed of the elements themselves, the state of their bodies and minds determines the power and nature of the magic they wield. Each element, other than Void, has a direct connection to a physical and mental aspect of a creature. Air is related to the creature's quickness and senses, Earth is related to the creature's physical and mental health, Fire is related to the creature's physical and mental power, and Water is related to the creature's flexability and cunning. A creature that is both physically and mentally strong (represented by a high Strength and Charisma score) is said to have a high concentration of fire energy within their bodies, mind, and soul.

The energy within a creature is located within five centers inside their body; these centers are known as the Chakras, and are located in the head, throat, chest, abdoman, and hips. The head chakra (called Brow) is the center for Void; the throat chakra (called Throat) is the center for Air; the chest chakra (called Heart) is the center for Fire; the abdoman chakra (called Center) is the center for Water; the hips chakra (called Base) is the center for Earth.

The strength of one's chakras determine the power of the spells cast from each chakra's element. One quick of mind and body will have powerful Air magic, while one hearty of body and mind will have powerful Earth magic. Thus, those who wish to focus upon one kind of magic over the others is best served by choosing an element for which their ability scores are high.

Air magic is related to quickness, the senses, and air and electricity. Earth magic is related to the defense of the body and mind, and soil, stone, metal, gems, and plants. Fire magic is related to power, emotion, and fire, heat, and light. Water magic is related to the movement of energy, knowledge, water and cold, and dealing with life energy. Void magic is rare, but deals with effects combining all the other elements, especially spells which an duplicate any effect made by any element.

------------

As for the actual system, here is my current favored method of implimenting it. After sorting all of the spells into each element (a process I have nearly completed), I found that I required two more ability scores. I added Agility (a measure of a character's quickness and reflexes) and Perception (a measure of a character's sensory accuity), and focused Dexterity (now only a measure of a character's flexability and coordination) and Wisdom (now only a measure of a character's mental health).

A character's physical and mental ability scores for each chakra will be used to determine the actual level of that character's chakra: the average of both scores is your chakra's ability score. This score will be treated like any other ability score, and will be used to set the DC and bonus spell slots for spells of each element; the maximum level of spell one can access is limited by the apropriate mental score. I've considered having the bonus spell slots (which are pooled separately for each element) be a function of the physical ability score; the justification is that one must have a body that matches the energies one wishes to command, otherwise one cannot hold extra energy.

--------

Any opinions? I know that was a lot to go through in one sitting, so I will be patient for replies. Please, any thoughts or construtive criticism will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

My intial reaction(other than dejavu) is that it will make dex underpowered and/or create two more useless stats. Also the elements would need to have balanced abilities. so one wouldn't have power over the others

XeviatTranion

First Post
magic_gathering2001 said:
My intial reaction(other than dejavu) is that it will make dex underpowered and/or create two more useless stats. Also the elements would need to have balanced abilities. so one wouldn't have power over the others

How is Dex underpowered? It controls to hit for both melee and ranged attacks, and has a vast number of skill points. In the thick of combat, each physical ability does something for you: Str = Damage; Dex = To Hit; Agi = AC; Con = HP.

I was under the impression that I broke up an overpowered ability score (Dex and Str).

I did mention the nature of each element's magic. Were those not balanced with each other. I'd like to hear your full opinion. Thanks.

XeviatTranion

First Post
An idea I was inspired to from Magic of Incarnum was to link the magic item slots to the chakras; this will make the magic item location affinities make more sense in my setting. Interestingly enough, there are 9 traditional item locations (not counting rings, armor, or psionic skins) and 8 ability scores plus void. In order from top to bottom, here are the item locations:
  • Head (Int)
  • Eyes (Per)
  • Neck (Wis)
  • Shoulders (Cha)
  • Chest (Void?)
  • Arms (Str)
  • Hands (Dex)
  • Waist (Con)
  • Feet (Agi)

Using this as the preliminary guidelines, I'm seeking to rework a description of the chakra locations, and possible mirridians to explain the arm, hand, waist, and feet locations, and link each item slot to one of them. They all currently seem to work.

This doesn't require much change, though some wondrous items might switch locations, but I wanted to know what the board thought of this explanation, as well as the locations chosen for the new ability scores. Thanks.

XeviatTranion

First Post
I've decided to use the following mechanic. Bonus spell slots will be determined by an element's physical ability score, highest spell level is determined by an element's mental ability score, and DCs are set by your chakra score. Your chakra score will be the average of both an element's scores. I think this will make physical ability scores important enough to casters without making them too important; increasing one's mentals very high will negate an average physical score.

To make chakras important to non-casters, certain feats will require a certain level in a chakra.

Additionally, I've considered treating Void as an ability score, having characters roll 9 4d6s and place one directly into Void. One will need a void of 11 to select the Void Activation feat, and even higher to get access to good Void feats (think psionic feats). This will give "regular" characters a dump stat since there won't be many penalties for having a low void (except there will have to be a spell or attack that damages the Void chakra, giving void active characters a special weapon against the masses). The Void Activation feat will also be required to learn Void spells, which although rare, are very powerful (like wish).

What do you think?

Arrellion

Explorer
You have a very interesting view on magic. I like it. It is similar to Soveriegn Stone's
Codex Mysterium. Have you ever seen it? You can download a PDF version from
Drivethrurpg.com for $14.98. The spell system deals with the four elements and a
fifth called void. There may be some useful information in there for you. I would be
interested in seeing the final product.

Keep up the good work,

Arrel

XeviatTranion

First Post
I just finished the elemental spell lists, and now I need help insuring that they are balanced. Each element isn't spell for spell comparable to others; each has their own style. Currently the lists are primarily spells from the player's handbook, but several are from the XPH. I need help removing redundant spells (I currently have 3 first level fear spells and 3 first level speed enhancers ...), and otherwise balancing out the lists.

Lastly, I've decided on the theme for the two primary spellcasters I'll have, and how I'll structure the secondary casters. One of the primary casters will use their own magical power (think sorcerer) while the other caster will draw magical energy from the elemental spirits in the world around them (think less pious cleric). The personal, primal caster will focus more upon agressive applications of the elements, while the spiritual caster will focus more upon the passive applications of the elements. Since each element has 3 or 4 "themes" to them, it may be possible to start the differentiations of spell lists there.

The secondary casters could be separated by elemental focus, using a mixture of personal and spiritual casting. Unsure though, as I may look into bringing Monks back.

Here are the elements as I've sorted them. I left spells at their most common level (favoring wizard, then cleric, then druid usually). Be forewarned, I have already implimented an Augmentation mechanic to these spells, since I use an MP system, so many spells have been combined. Please, share your opinion on which spells you think I can remove, where there's room to create new spells, and if there's anything you think should be moved around.

AIR SPELLS: Air spells govern spells which deal with quick movement and travel, the senses (including enhancing and tricking), and air and electricity.
[sblock]1ST-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Catfall A: Instantly save yourself from a fall.
Conceal Thoughts: You conceal subject’s motives.
Create Sound: Create the sound you desire.
Daze A: Humanoid creature of 4 HD or less loses next action.
Deathwatch: Reveals how near death subjects within 30 ft. are.
Destiny Dissonance: Your dissonant touch sickens a foe.
Detect Animals or Plants: Detects kinds of animals or plants.
Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: Reveals creatures, spells, or objects of selected alignment.
Detect Secret Doors: Reveals hidden doors within 60 ft.
Detect Snares and Pits: Reveals natural or primitive traps.
Detect Teleportation A: Know when teleportation spells are used in close range.
Detect Undead: Reveals undead within 60 ft.
Disable A: Subjects incorrectly believe they are disabled.
Disguise Self: Changes your appearance.
Dissipating Touch A: Touch deals 1d6 damage.
Distract: Target gets –4 bonus on Listen, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot
Elfsight: Gain low-light vision, +2 bonus on Search and Spot checks, and notice secret doors.
Empathy A: You know the subject’s surface emotions.
Expeditious Retreat A: Gain +30 ft. to speed this round.
Feather Fall: Objects or creatures fall slowly.
Figmentary Image A: Creates minor illusion of your design.
Hide from Animals: Animals can’t perceive one subject/level.
Hide from Undead: Undead can’t perceive one subject/level.
Jump A: Subject gets bonus on Jump checks.
Longstrider: Your speed increases by 10 ft.
Lullaby: Makes subject drowsy; –5 on Spot and Listen checks, –2 on Will saves against sleep.
Magic Aura: Alters object’s magic aura.
Mislead: Turns you invisible and creates illusory double.
Precognition: Gain +2 insight bonus to one roll.
Precognition, Defensive A: Gain +1 insight bonus to AC and saving throws.
Precognitionion, Offensive A: Gain +1 insight bonus on your attack rolls.
Prescience, Offensive A: Gain +2 insight bonus on your damage rolls.
Sense Link A: You sense what the subject senses (single sense).
Sleep A: Puts 4 HD of creatures into magical slumber.
Synesthete: You receive one kind of sense when another sense is stimulated.
True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.
Ventriloquism: Throws voice for 1 min./level.
2ND-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Animal Messenger: Sends a Tiny animal to a specific place.
Blur: Attacks miss subject 20% of the time.
Cloud Mind: You erase knowledge of your presence from target’s mind.
Control Air A: You have control over wind speed and direction.
Control Sound: Create very specific sounds.
Darkvision: See 60 ft. in total darkness.
Detect Hostile Intent: You can detect hostile creatures within 30 ft. of you.
Detect Thoughts: Allows “listening” to surface thoughts.
Dimension Swap A: You and ally or two allies switch positions.
Gust of Wind A: Blows away or knocks down smaller creatures.
Hawk’s Swiftness A: Subject gains +4 to Agi for 1 min./level.
Invisibility: Subject is invisible for 1 min./level or until it attacks.
Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
Levitate: Subject moves up and down, forward and back, at your direction.
Magic Mouth M: Speaks once when triggered.
Mental Disruption A: Daze creatures within 10 feet for 1 round.
Mirror Image: Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8).
Misdirection: Misleads divinations for one creature or object.
Obscure Object: Masks object against scrying.
Phantom Trap M: Makes item seem trapped.
Remove Paralysis: Frees one or more creatures from paralysis or slow effect.
Scent: Gain the scent ability.
See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
Sense Link, Forced: Sense what subject senses.
Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions: You can find out about an area’s past.
Silence: Negates sound in 20-ft. radius.
Status A: Monitors condition, position of allies.
Undetectable Alignment: Conceals alignment for 24 hours.
Whispering Wind: Sends a short message 1 mile/level.
3RD-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Arcane Sight A: Magical auras become visible to you.
Blink: You randomly vanish and reappear for 1 round/level.
Call Lightning A: Calls down lightning bolts (3d6 per bolt) from sky.
Clairvoyant Sense: See and hear a distant location.
Danger Sense A: You gain +4 bonus against traps.
Dimension Slide A: Teleports you very short distance.
Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50%.
False Sensory Input A: Subject sees what isn’t there.
Fly: You fly at a speed of 60 ft.
Gaseous Form: Subject becomes insubstantial and can fly slowly.
Haste: One creature/level moves faster, +1 on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves.
Helping Hand: Ghostly hand leads subject to you.
Hustle: Instantly gain a move action.
Invisibility Sphere: Makes everyone within 10 ft. invisible.
Nondetection: You become difficult to detect with divination spells.
Secret Page: Changes one page to hide its real content.
Time Hop A: Subject hops forward in time 1 round/level.
Touchsight A: Your telekinetic field tells you where everything is.
Ubiquitous Vision: You have all-around vision.
Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.
4TH-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Air Walk: Subject treads on air as if solid (climb at 45-degree angle).
Anchored Navigation A: Establish a mishap-free teleport beacon.
Arcane Eye: Invisible floating eye moves 30 ft./round.
Aura Sight A: Reveals creatures, objects, or spells of each alignment.
Correspond: Hold mental conversation with another creature at any distance.
Detect Scrying: Alerts you of magical eavesdropping.
Dimension Door A: Teleports you short distance.
Freedom of Movement: Subject moves normally despite impediments.
Hallucinatory Terrain A: Makes one type of terrain appear like another (field into forest, or the like).
Illusory Wall: Wall, floor, or ceiling looks real, but anything can pass through.
Invisibility, Greater: As invisibility, but subject can attack and stay invisible.
Scrying F A: Spies on subject from a distance.
Sending: Delivers short message anywhere, instantly.
Trace Teleport A: Learn destination of subject’s teleport.
Zone of Silence: Keeps eavesdroppers from overhearing conversations.
5TH-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Baleful Teleport A: Destructive teleport deals 9d6 damage.
Biocurrent A: Arc of electricity damages foe and arcs to secondary targets.
Bolts Of Bedevilment: Ray dazes target, 1 ray/round for 1 round/level.
Control Winds A: Change wind direction and speed.
Ectoplasmic Shambler: Foglike predator deals 1 point of damage/two levels each round to an area.
False Vision M: Fools scrying with an illusion.
Nightmare: Sends vision dealing 1d10 damage, fatigue.
Overland Flight: You fly at a speed of 40 ft. and can hustle over long distances.
Plane Shift: Travel to other planes.
Private Sanctum: Prevents anyone from viewing or scrying an area for 24 hours.
Prying Eyes A: 1d4 +1/level floating eyes scout for you.
Second Chance: Gain a reroll.
Secret Chest F: Hides expensive chest on Ethereal Plane; you retrieve it at will.
Seeming: Changes appearance of one person per two levels.
Shatter Mind Blank: Cancels target’s mind blank effect.
Symbol of Sleep M A: Triggered rune puts nearby creatures into catatonic slumber.
Teleport: Instantly transports you as far as 100 miles/level.
Teleport Trigger: Predetermined event triggers teleport.
True Seeing M: See all things as they really are.
6TH-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Cloud Mind, Mass: Erase knowledge of your presence from the minds of one creature/level.
Hawk’s Swiftness, Mass A: As hawk’s swiftness, affects one subject/level.
Permanent Image A: Includes sight, sound, and smell.
Precognition, Greater: Gain +4 insight bonus to one roll.
Programmed Image A M: As figmentary image, plus triggered by event.
Retrieve A: Teleport to your hand an item you can see.
Shadow Walk: Step into shadow to travel rapidly.
Temporal Acceleration A: Your time frame accelerates for 1 round.
Veil: Changes appearance of group of creatures.
Word of Recall: Teleports you back to designated place.
7TH-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Decerebrate: Remove portion of subject’s brain stem.
Divert Teleport: Choose destination for another’s teleport.
Ethereal Jaunt: Become ethereal for 1 round/level.
Fate of One: Reroll any roll you just failed.
Instant Summons M: Prepared object appears in your hand.
Invisibility, Mass: As invisibility, but affects all in range.
Refuge M: Alters item to transport its possessor to you.
Screen: Illusion hides area from vision, scrying.
Sequester X: Subject is invisible to sight and scrying; renders creature comatose.
Teleport Object: As teleport, but affects a touched object.
Teleport, Greater: As teleport, but no range limit and no off-target arrival.
Wind Walk: You and your allies turn vaporous and travel fast.
8TH-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Moment of Prescience: You gain insight bonus on single attack roll, check, or save.
Time Hop, Mass A: Willing subjects hop forward in time.
Whirlwind: Cyclone deals damage and can pick up creatures.
9TH-LEVEL AIR SPELLS
Etherealness: Travel to Ethereal Plane with companions.
Foresight: “Sixth sense” warns of impending danger.
Freedom: Releases creature from imprisonment.
Microcosm A: Creature or creature lives forevermore in world of his own imagination.
Teleportation Circle M: Circle teleports any creature inside to designated spot.
Time Regression X: Relive the last round. [/sblock]

EARTH SPELLS: Earth spells deal with durability and defense of the body and mind, placing locks, restrictions, and otherwise holding things in place, and also plants, rocks, acid, gems, and metals.
[sblock]1ST-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Animate Rope: Makes a rope move at your command.
Bolt A: You create a few enhanced short-lived bolts, arrows, or bullets.
Control Object A: Telekinetically animate a small object.
Creation, Minor: Creates one cloth or wood object.
Crystal Shard A: Ranged touch attack for 1d6 points of piercing damage.
Deceleration A: Target’s speed is halved.
Dissolving Touch A: Your touch deals 1d6 acid damage.
Empty Mind A: You gain +2 on Will saves until your next action.
Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
Entangle: Plants entangle everyone in 40-ft.-radius circle.
Entropic Shield: Ranged attacks against you have 20% miss chance.
Floating Disk: Creates 3-ft.-diameter horizontal disk that holds 100 lb./level.
Force Screen A: Invisible disc provides +4 shield bonus to AC.
Hold Portal: Holds door shut.
Inertial Armor A: Tangible field of force provides you with +4 armor bonus to AC.
Magic Fang A: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1 on attack and damage rolls.
Magic Vestment A: Armor, Clothes, or Shield gains +1 bonus.
Magic Weapon A: Weapon gains +1 bonus.
Pass without Trace: One subject/level leaves no tracks.
Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
Ray of Fatigue A: Ranged touch attack fatigues target.
Repair Damage A: Repairs 1d8 damage to one construct or object.
Resistance A: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
Sanctuary A: Opponents can’t attack you, and you can’t attack.
Shield of Faith A: Aura grants +2 or higher deflection bonus.
Shillelagh A: Cudgel or quarterstaff becomes +1 weapon (1d10 damage) for 1 min./level.
Spirit Stone A: Three stones gain +1 on attack, deal 1d6 +1 damage.
Stomp A: Subjects fall prone and take 1d4 nonlethal damage.
Summon Instrument: Summons one instrument of the caster’s choice.
Thicken Skin A: Gain +1 enhancement bonus to your AC for 10 min./level.
Virtue A: Gain 5 temporary hit points.
2ND-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Acid Arrow A: Ranged touch attack; 2d4 damage for 1 round/3 levels.
Align Weapon A: Weapon becomes good, evil, lawful, or chaotic.
Barkskin A: Grants +2 (or higher) enhancement to natural armor.
Bear’s Endurance A: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 min./level.
Biofeedback A: Gain damage reduction 2/–.
Brain Lock A: Subject cannot move or take any mental actions.
Hold A: Paralyzes creature for 1 round/level.
Hold Animal A: Paralyzes one animal for 1 round/level.
Magic Lock: Secure a door, chest, or portal.
Owl’s Wisdom A: Subject gains +4 to Wis for 1 min./level.
Protection from Arrows: Subject immune to most ranged attacks.
Rope Trick: As many as eight creatures hide in extradimensional space.
Soften Earth and Stone: Turns stone to clay or dirt to sand or mud.
Spiritual Weapon A: Magic weapon attacks on its own.
Swarm of Crystals A: Crystal shards are sprayed forth doing 3d4 slashing damage.
Thought Shield A: Gain SR 13 against mind-affecting spells.
Tree Shape: You look exactly like a tree for 1 hour/level.
Warp Wood: Bends wood (shaft, handle, door, plank).
Wood Shape: Rearranges wooden objects to suit you.
3RD-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Adapt Body: Your body automatically adapts to hostile environments.
Diminish Plants: Reduces size or blights growth of normal plants.
Ectoplasmic Cocoon A: You encapsulate a foe so it can’t move.
Eradicate Invisibility A: Negate invisibility in 50-ft. burst.
Exhalation of the Copper Dragon A: Your acid breath deals 5d6 damage to a close target.
Graft Weapon: Your hand is replaced seamlessly by your weapon.
Halt Undead A: Immobilizes undead for 1 round/level.
Keen Edge: Doubles normal weapon’s threat range.
Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
Meld into Stone: You and your gear merge with stone.
Mental Barrier A: Gain +4 deflection bonus to AC until your next action.
Plant Growth: Grows vegetation, improves crops.
Sepia Snake Sigil M: Creates text symbol that immobilizes reader.
Shrink Item: Object shrinks to one-sixteenth size.
Slow: One subject/level takes only one action/round, –1 to AC, reflex saves, and attack rolls.
Snare: Creates a magic booby trap.
Speak with Plants: You can talk to normal plants and plant creatures.
Spike Growth A: Creatures in area take 1d4 damage, may be slowed.
Stone Shape: Sculpts stone into any shape
Tiny Hut: Creates shelter for ten creatures.
4TH-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Antiplant Shell: Keeps animated plants at bay.
Death Ward: Grants immunity to death spells and negative energy effects.
Dimensional Anchor: Bars extra dimensional movement.
Fabricate: Transforms raw goods to finished items.
Fist of Iron: Your unarmed strikes deal additional damage.
Globe of Invulnerability A: Stops 1st- through 3rd-level spell effects.
Immovability A: You are almost impossible to move and gain DR 15/–.
Inertial Barrier: Gain DR 5/–.
Intellect Fortress A: Those inside fortress take only half damage from all spells and spell-like abilities until your next action.
Repel Vermin: Insects, spiders, and other vermin stay 10 ft. away.
Resilient Sphere: Force globe protects but traps one subject.
Secure Shelter: Creates sturdy cottage.
Spell Immunity A: Subject is immune to two spells up to 4th level.
Stoneskin M: Ignore 10 points of damage per attack.
5TH-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Black Tentacles A: Tentacles grapple all within 20 ft. spread.
Blight A: Withers one plant or deals 9d8 damage to plant creature.
Creation, Major: As minor creation, plus stone and metal.
Dispel Chaos: +4 bonus against attacks.
Dispel Evil: +4 bonus against attacks.
Dispel Good: +4 bonus against attacks.
Dispel Law: +4 bonus against attacks.
Hail of Crystals A: A crystal explodes in an area, dealing 9d4 slashing damage.
Mind Fog: Subjects in fog get –10 to Wis and Will checks.
Passwall: Creates passage through wood or stone wall.
Spell Resistance A: Grant SR 21.
Tower of Iron Will A: Grant SR 19 against mind-affecting spells to all creatures within 10 ft. until your next turn.
Transmute Mud to Rock: Transforms two 10-ft. cubes per level.
Tree Stride: Step from one tree to another far away.
Wall of Force: Wall is immune to damage.
Wall of Stone: Creates a stone wall that can be shaped.
Wall of Thorns: Thorns damage anyone who tries to pass.
Waves of Fatigue A: Several targets become fatigued.
6TH-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Animate Objects A: Objects attack your foes.
Antilife Shell: 10-ft. field hedges out living creatures.
Antimagic Field: Create a field where magic does not function.
Bear’s Endurance, Mass: As bear’s endurance, affects one subject/level.
Blade Barrier A: Wall of blades deals 11d6 damage.
Breath of the Copper Dragon A: Breathe acid for 11d6 damage.
Dispelling Buffer: Subject is buffered from one dispel magic effect.
Fabricate, Greater: As fabricate, except ten times as much material.
Flesh to Stone: Turn subject creature into statue.
Forbiddance M: Blocks planar travel, damages creatures of different alignment.
Ironwood A: Magic wood is strong as steel.
Liveoak: Oak becomes treant guardian.
Move Earth: Digs trenches and builds hills.
Owl’s Wisdom, Mass: As owl’s wisdom, affects one subject/level.
Repel Wood: Pushes away wooden objects.
Repulsion F: Creatures can’t approach you.
Stone Tell: Talk to natural or worked stone.
Suspend Life: Put yourself in a state akin to suspended animation.
Transport via Plants: Move instantly from one plant to another of the same kind.
Wall of Iron M: 30 hp/four levels; can topple onto foes.
7TH-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Animate Plants A: One or more plants animate and fight for you.
Changestaff: Your staff becomes a treant on command.
Earthquake: Intense tremor shakes 80-ft.-radius.
Ectoplasmic Cocoon, Mass: You encapsulate all foes in a 20-ft. radius.
Forcecage M: Cube or cage of force imprisons all inside.
Magic Sword F A: Floating magic blade strikes opponents.
Mind Blank, Personal: You are immune to scrying and mental effects.
Oak Body A: Your body becomes as hard as oak.
Phase Door: Invisible passage through wood or stone.
Reverse Gravity A: Objects and creatures fall upward.
Statue: Subject can become a statue at will.
Transmute Metal to Wood: Metal within 40 ft. becomes wood.
8TH-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Binding M: Utilizes an array of techniques to imprison a creature.
Cloak of Chaos F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against lawful spells.
Dimensional Lock: Teleportation and interplanar travel blocked for one day/level.
Holy Aura F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against evil spells.
Iron Body: Your body becomes living iron.
Matter Manipulation M: Increase or decrease an object’s base hardness by 5.
Maze: Traps subject in extradimensional maze.
Mind Blank: Subject immune to mental/emotional effects, and scrying.
Protection from Spells M F A: Confers +8 resistance bonus.
Repel Metal or Stone: Pushes away metal and stone.
Shield of Law F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against chaotic spells.
Telekinetic Sphere: Mobile force globe encapsulates creature and moves it.
Temporal Stasis M: Puts subject into suspended animation.
Transmogrification: Change any creature into any object, or any object into any other object.
Trap the Soul M F: Imprisons subject within gem.
Unholy Aura F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, SR 25 against good spells.
9TH-LEVEL EARTH SPELLS
Creation, True X: As major creation, except items are completely real.
Imprisonment: Entombs subject beneath the earth.
Shambler: Summons 1d4+2 shambling mounds to fight for you.
Soul Bind F: Traps newly dead soul to prevent resurrection.
Timeless Body: Ignore all harmful, and helpful, effects for 1 round. [/sblock]

FIRE SPELLS: Fire spells deal with strength and destruction, emotion and influence, and fire, heat, and light.
[sblock]1ST-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Attraction A: Subject has an attraction you specify.
Bane A: Enemies take –1 on attack rolls and saves against fear.
Bless A: Allies gain +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear.
Cause Fear A: One creature of 5 HD or less flees for 1d4 rounds.
Charm A: Makes one person your friend.
Charm Animal A: Makes one animal your friend.
checks.
Chill Touch A: One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Str damage.
Color Spray A: Knocks unconscious, blinds, and/or stuns weak creatures.
Concussion A: Pummel foe for 1d6 force damage.
Confusion, Lesser: One creature is confused for 1 round.
Control Flames A: Take control of nearby open flame.
Control Light: Adjust ambient light levels.
Deja Vu A: Your target repeats his last action.
Demoralize A: Enemies become shaken.
Disrupt Undead A: Deals 1d8 damage to one undead.
Doom: One subject becomes shaken.
Faerie Fire: Outlines subjects with light, canceling blur, concealment, and the like.
Far Hand A: Move small objects at a limited distance.
Flare A: Dazzles one creature (–1 penalty on attack rolls).
Grip of Iron A: Your iron grip gives +4 bonus on grapple checks.
Hammer A: Melee touch attacks deal 1d8 for 1 round.
Hypnotism A: Fascinates 2d4 HD of creatures.
Inflict Wounds A: Touch deals 1d8 damage.
Light A: Object shines like a torch.
Magic Missile A: Deal 1d4+1 damage to a single creature.
Matter Agitation: You heat a creature or object.
Mind Thrust A: Deal 1d10 damage.
Produce Flame: 1d6 damage +1/ level, touch or thrown.
Ray of Enfeeblement A: Ray deals 1d6 Str damage.
Remove Fear: Suppresses fear or gives +4 on saves against fear for one subject + one per four levels.
Telempathic Projection: Alter the subject’s mood.
Unseen Servant: Invisible force obeys your commands.
2ND-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Animal Trance A: Fascinates 2d6 HD of animals.
Aversion A: Subject has aversion you specify.
Blindness/Deafness A: Makes subject blinded or deafened.
Bull’s Strength A: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.
Concussive Implosion A: Deal 2d6 damage and stun target if it fails both saves.
Concussive Thrust A: Deal 2d6 damage and knock subject back.
Continual Flame M: Makes a permanent, heatless torch.
Darkness A: Reduces light in a 20-ft. radius.
Death Knell: Kills dying creature; you gain 1d8 temporary hp, +2 to Cha, and +1 caster level.
Eagle’s Splendor: Subject gains +4 to Cha for 1 min./level.
Ego Whip A: Deal 1d4 Cha damage and daze for 1 round.
Enthrall: Captivates all within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level.
Fire Trap M: Opened object deals 1d4 +1/level damage.
Flame Blade: Touch attack deals 1d8 +1/two levels damage.
Flaming Sphere A: Creates rolling ball of fire, 2d6 damage, lasts 1 round/level.
Glitterdust: Blinds creatures, outlines invisible creatures.
Heat Metal A: Hot metal damages those who touch it.
Hideous Laughter: Subject loses actions for 1 round/level.
Hypnotic Pattern A: Fascinates (2d4 + level) HD of creatures.
Id Insinuation A: Swift tendrils of thought disrupt and confuse your target.
Inflict Pain A: Telepathic stab gives your foe –4 on attack rolls, or –2 if he makes the save.
Painful Strike A: Your natural weapons or unarmed strikes deal an extra 1d6 nonlethal damage.
Pyrotechnics: Turns fire into blinding light or choking smoke.
Shatter A: Sonic vibration damages objects or crystalline creatures.
Sound Burst A: Deals 1d8 sonic damage to subjects; may stun them.
Strength of My Enemy A: Siphon away your enemy’s strength and grow stronger.
3RD-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Bestow Curse A: –6 to an ability score; –4 on attack rolls, saves, and checks; or 50% chance of losing each action.
Concussive Beam A: Deal 5d6 damage in a line.
Concussive Retort A: Burst of force automatically targets your attacker for 4d6 damage once each round.
Contagion A: Infects subject with chosen disease.
Dominate Animal A: Subject animal obeys silent mental commands.
Explosive Runes: Deals 6d6 damage when read.
Glibness: You gain +30 bonus on Bluff checks, and your lies can escape magical discernment.
Mental Blast A: Stun creatures in 30-ft. cone for 1 round.
Rage: Gives +2 to Str and Con, +1 on Will saves, –2 to AC.
Searing Light A: Ray deals 3d8 damage, more against undead.
Suggestion A: Compels subject to follow stated course of action.
Telekinetic Force A: Move an object with the sustained force of your mind.
Telekinetic Thrust A: Hurl objects with the force of your mind.
4TH-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Chaos Hammer A: Damages and slows lawful creatures.
Concussive Blast A: Deal 4d6 damage and launch targets in 20-ft. radius.
Confusion A: Subjects behave oddly for 1 round/level.
Control Body A: Take rudimentary control of your foe’s limbs.
Crushing Despair A: Subjects take –2 on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, and checks.
Death Urge A: Implant a self-destructive compulsion.
Divine Power: You gain attack bonus, +6 to Str, and 1 hp/level.
Dominate A: Control target telepathically.
Enervation: Subject gains 1d4 negative levels.
Fear A: Subjects within cone flee for 1 round/level.
Geas, Lesser: Commands subject of 7 HD or less.
Good Hope: Subjects gain +2 on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, and checks.
Holy Smite A: Damages and blinds evil creatures.
Order’s Wrath A: Damages and dazes chaotic creatures.
Phantasmal Killer A: Fearsome illusion kills subject or deals 3d6 damage.
Rainbow Pattern A: Lights fascinate 24 HD of creatures.
Shout A: Deafens all within cone and deals 5d6 sonic damage.
Telekinetic Maneuver A: Telekinetically bull rush, disarm, grapple, or trip your target.
Unholy Blight A: Damages and sickens good creatures.
Wall of Fire: Deals 2d4 fire damage out to 10 ft. and 1d4 out to 20 ft. Passing through wall deals 2d6 damage +1/level.
5TH-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Concussive Wave A: Deal 9d6 energy damage in cone.
Disrupting Weapon: Melee weapon destroys undead.
Fiery Discorporation A: Cheat death by discorporating into nearby fire for one day.
Flame Strike A: Smite foes with divine fire for 7d6 damage.
Mark of Justice: Designates action that will trigger curse on subject.
Psychic Crush A: Brutally crush subject’s mental essence, reducing subject to 0 hit points.
Slay Living A: Touch attack kills subject.
Song of Discord: Forces targets to attack each other.
Symbol of Pain M A: Triggered rune wracks nearby creatures with pain.
6TH-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Bull’s Strength, Mass: As bull’s strength, affects one subject/level.
Circle of Death A M: Kills 11d4 HD of creatures.
Combative Transformation M: You gain combat bonuses.
Disintegrate A: Turn one creature or object to dust.
Eagle’s Splendor, Mass: As eagle’s splendor, affects one subject/level.
Eyebite A: Target becomes panicked, sickened, and comatose.
Fire Seeds A: Acorns and berries become grenades and bombs.
Geas/Quest: As lesser geas, plus it affects any creature
Hand of Force A: Hand provides cover against and bull rushes one opponent.
Harm A: Deals 110 points of damage to target.
Inflict Wounds, Mass A: Deals 1d8 damage +1/level to many creatures.
Symbol of Fear M A: Triggered rune panics nearby creatures.
Symbol of Persuasion M A: Triggered rune charms nearby creatures.
Sympathetic Vibration: Deals 2d10 damage/round to freestanding structure.
Undeath to Death M: Destroys 11d4 HD undead.
7TH-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Blasphemy: Kills, paralyzes, weakens, or dazes nonevil subjects.
Destruction F: Kills subject and destroys remains.
Dictum: Kills, paralyzes, slows, or deafens nonlawful subjects.
Finger of Death: Kills one subject.
Fire Storm A: Deals 13d6 fire damage.
Holy Word: Kills, paralyzes, blinds, or deafens nongood subjects.
Insanity A: Subject is permanently confused.
Irresistible Dance: Forces subject to dance.
Power Word Blind A: Blinds creature with 200 hp or less.
Sunbeam A: Beam blinds and deals 4d6 damage.
Symbol of Stunning M A: Triggered rune stuns nearby creatures.
Symbol of Weakness M A: Triggered rune weakens nearby creatures.
Ultrablast A: Deal 13d6 damage in 15-ft. radius.
Word of Chaos: Kills, confuses, stuns, or deafens nonchaotic subjects.
8TH-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Antipathy A: Object or location affected by spell repels certain creatures.
Horrid Wilting A: Deals 15d6 damage within 30 ft.
Incendiary Cloud: Cloud deals 4d6 fire damage/round.
Power Word Stun A: Stuns creature with 150 hp or less.
Scintillating Pattern: Twisting colors confuse, stun, or render unconscious.
Sunburst A: Blinds all within 10 ft., deals 6d6 damage.
Symbol of Death M A: Triggered rune slays nearby creatures.
Symbol of Insanity M A: Triggered rune renders nearby creatures insane.
Sympathy M: Object or location attracts certain creatures.
9TH-LEVEL FIRE SPELLS
Concussive Annihilation A: An exploding sphere of ki deals 17d4 ki damage.
Energy Drain: Subject gains 2d4 negative levels.
Implosion: Kills one creature/round.
Power Word Kill A: Kills one creature with 100 hp or less.
Wail of the Banshee: Kills one creature/level.
Weird A: As phantasmal killer, but affects all within 30 ft. [/sblock]

WATER SPELLS: Water spells deal with balance and the redirection of force, intelligence and learning, healing and cleansing, and water, cold, and the weather.
[sblock]1ST-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Alarm: Wards an area for 2 hours/level.
Bless Water M: Makes holy water.
Call to Mind: Gain additional Knowledge check with +4 competence bonus.
Calm Animals A: Calms animals, rendering them docile and harmless.
Command A: One subject obeys selected command for 1 round.
Comprehend Languages: You understand all spoken and written languages.
Compression A: Become one size category smaller.
Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.
Cure Wounds A: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level.
Curse Water M: Makes unholy water.
Detect Disease and Poison: Detects disease or poison in one creature or object.
Divine Favor A: You gain +1 on attack and damage rolls.
Enlarge Person A: Humanoid creature doubles in size.
Entangling Ectoplasm A: You entangle a foe in sticky goo.
Erase: Mundane or magical writing vanishes.
Float A: You buoy yourself in water or other liquid.
Goodberry: 2d4 berries each cure 1 hp (max 8 hp/24 hours).
Grease: Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery.
Guidance A: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Identify M: Determines properties of magic item.
Know Direction and Location: You discover where you are and what direction you face.
Mount: Summons riding horse for 2 hours/level.
Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.
Prevenom A: Your natural weapon, unarmed strike, or melee weapon gains a poison coating.
Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cu. ft./level of food or water.
Reduce Person A: Humanoid creature halves in size.
Skate: Subject slides skillfully along the ground.
Speak with Animals: You can communicate with animals.
Spider Climb: Grants ability to walk on walls and ceilings.
2ND-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Alter Self: Alter your surface features.
Augury M F: Learns whether an action will be good or bad.
Body Equilibrium: You can walk on nonsolid surfaces.
Calm Emotions A: Calms creatures, negating emotion effects.
Cat’s Grace A: Subject gains +4 to Dex for 1 min./level.
Chameleon: Gain +10 enhancement bonus on Hide checks.
Chill Metal A: Cold metal damages those who touch it.
Command Undead A: Undead creature obeys your commands.
Consecrate M: Fills area with positive energy, making undead weaker.
Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/ level.
Desecrate M: Fills area with negative energy, making undead stronger.
Empathic Transfer A: Transfer another’s wounds to yourself.
Enlarge Animal A: Animal doubles in size.
Find Traps: Gain a bonus equal to 1/2 your caster level to find traps.
Fog Cloud A: Fog obscures vision.
Fox’s Cunning A: Subject gains +4 Int for 1 min./level.
Gentle Repose: Preserves one corpse.
Locate Object: Senses direction toward object (specific or type).
Object Reading A: Learn details about an object’s previous owner.
Reduce Animal A: Animal halves in size.
Remove Blindness/Deafness: Cures normal or magical conditions.
Restoration, Lesser: Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.
Share Pain: Willing subject takes some of your damage.
Shield Other F: You take half of subject’s damage.
Summon Swarm: Summons swarm of bats, rats, or spiders.
Sustenance: Go without food and water for one day.
Web: Fills 20-ft.-radius spread with sticky spider webs.
Zone of Truth: Subjects within range cannot lie.
3RD-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Animate Dead M A: Creates undead skeletons and zombies.
Create Food and Water: Feeds three humans (or one horse)/level.
Empathic Transfer, Hostile A: Your touch transfers your hurt to another.
Fate Link A: You link the fates of two targets.
Glyph of Warding M A: Inscription harms those who pass it.
Heal Companion A: As heal on familiar or other companion creature.
Phantom Steed A: Magic horse appears for 1 hour/level.
Prayer A: Allies +1 bonus on most rolls, enemies –1 penalty.
Quench A: Extinguishes nonmagical fires or one magic item.
Remove Curse: Frees object or person from curse.
Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.
Share Pain, Forced A: Unwilling subject takes some of your damage.
Sleet Storm: Hampers vision and movement.
Speak with Dead: Corpse answers one question/two levels.
Stinking Cloud A: Nauseating vapors, 1 round/level.
Vampiric Touch A: Touch deals 3d6 damage; caster gains damage as hp.
Water Breathing: Subjects can breathe underwater.
Water Walk: Subject treads on water as if solid.
4TH-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Animorph A: Target creature assumes the shape of an animal.
Command Plants A: Sway the actions of one or more plant creatures.
Control Water: Raises or lowers bodies of water.
Discern Lies: Reveals deliberate falsehoods.
Dismissal: Forces a creature to return to its native plane.
Divination M: Provides useful advice for specific proposed actions.
Empathic Feedback A: When you are hit in melee, your attacker takes damage.
Giant Vermin A: Turns centipedes, scorpions, or spiders into giant vermin.
Ice Storm A: Hail deals 5d6 damage in cylinder 40 ft. across.
Locate Creature: Indicates direction to familiar creature.
Modify Memory: Changes 5 minutes of subject’s memories.
Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
Poison: Touch deals 1d10 Con damage, repeats in 1 min.
Polymorph: Gives one willing subject a new form.
Reincarnate: Brings dead subject back in a random body.
Restoration M: Restores level and ability score drains.
Rusting Grasp: Your touch corrodes iron and alloys.
Tongues: Speak any language.
Wall of Ice: Ice plane creates wall with 15 hp +1/level, or hemisphere can trap creatures inside.
5TH-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Atonement F X: Removes burden of misdeeds from subject.
Baleful Polymorph A M: Transforms subject into harmless animal.
Break Enchantment: Frees subjects from enchantments, alterations, curses, and petrification.
Cloudkill A: Kills 3 HD or less; 4–6 HD save or die, 6+ HD take Con damage.
Cure Wounds, Mass A: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level for many creatures.
Faithful Hound: Phantom dog can guard, attack.
Feeblemind: Subject’s Int drops 1.
Hallow M: Designates location as holy.
Insect Plague A: Locust swarms attack creatures.
Leech Field A: Leech mana points each time you make a saving throw.
Mind Probe: You discover the subject’s secret thoughts.
Raise Dead M: Restores life to subject who died as long as one day/level ago.
Righteous Might: Your size increases, and you gain combat bonuses.
Transmute Rock to Mud: Transforms two 10-ft. cubes per level.
Unhallow M: Designates location as unholy.
6TH-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Analyze Dweomer F: Reveals magical aspects of subject.
Banishment A: Banishes extraplanar creatures.
Cat’s Grace, Mass: As cat’s grace, affects one subject/level.
Contingency X: Sets trigger condition for another spell.
Create Undead A M: Create powerful undead.
Find the Path: Shows most direct way to a location.
Fox’s Cunning, Mass: As fox’s cunning, affects one subject/level.
Fuse Flesh A: Fuse subject’s flesh, creating a helpless mass.
Heal A: Cures 110 points of damage, all diseases and mental conditions.
Heroes’ Feast A: Food for one creature/level cures and grants combat bonuses.
Legend Lore M F: Lets you learn tales about a person, place, or thing.
Scrying Trap: Deal 8d6 points force damage to those who seek to view you at a distance.
Stone to Flesh: Restores petrified creature.
7TH-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Control Weather: Changes weather in local area.
Creeping Doom A: Swarms of centipedes attack at your command.
Fission: You briefly duplicate yourself.
Regenerate: Subject’s severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 hp damage plus some wound damage.
Restoration, Greater X: As restoration, plus restores all levels and ability scores.
Resurrection M: Fully restore dead subject.
Simulacrum M X: Creates partially real double of a creature.
Spell Turning: Spells targeting you rebound on caster.
Vision M X: As legend lore, but quicker and strenuous.
8TH-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Clone M F: Duplicate awakens when original dies.
Create Greater Undead A M: Creates even more powerful undead.
Discern Location: Reveals exact location of creature or object.
Fusion X: You combine your abilities and form with another.
Hypercognition: You can deduce almost anything.
True Metabolism: You regenerate 10 hit points/round.
9TH-LEVEL WATER SPELLS
Affinity Field: Effects that affect you also affect others.
Heal, Mass A: Heals many creatures.
Metafaculty X: You learn details about any one creature.
Shapechange F: Transforms you into any creature, and change forms once per round.
True Resurrection M: As resurrection, plus remains aren’t needed. [/sblock]

ANY SPELLS: These are spells which can be cast with any element. Some of them change properties when cast with a certain element, while others simply have no element.
[sblock]1ST-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune (visible or invisible).
Energy Ray A: Deal 1d6 energy damage.
Energy Spray A: Deal 1d4 damage in a 15-foot cone.
Prestidigitation: Perform minor magical effects.
Summon Monster A: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
Summon Nature’s Ally A: Calls creature to fight.
2ND-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Bestow Mana A: Subject receives 2 mana points.
Energy Missile A: Deal 2d6 energy damage to up to five subjects.
Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
3RD-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Dispel Magic A: Cancels magic spells and effects.
Energize Weapon: Weapon deal +1d6 elemental damage.
Energy Bolt A: Deal 5d6 energy damage in 120-ft. line.
Energy Burst A: Deal 5d6 energy damage in 40-ft. burst.
Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.
4TH-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Energy Adaptation A: Your body converts energy to harmless light.
Energy Ball A: Deal 7d6 energy damage in 20-ft. burst.
Energy Shield A: Creatures attacking you take energy damage; you’re protected from opposite element.
Planar Ally A X: Exchange services with a 6 HD extraplanar creature.
5TH-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Commune with Nature: Learn about terrain for 1 mile/level.
Commune X: Deity answers one yes-or-no question/level.
Energy Cone A: Deal 9d6 energy damage in 60-ft. cone.
Permanency X: Makes certain spells permanent.
Planar Binding A: Traps extraplanar creature of 9 HD or less until it performs a task.
6TH-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Aeromorph/Geomorph/Hydromorph/Pyromorph: As polymorph, except target creature assumes the form of an elemental.
Energy Chain A: Deal 11d6 damage to one foe and half to secondary targets.
7TH-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Energy Conversion: Offensively channel energy you’ve absorbed.
8TH-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Dracomorph: As polymorph, except target creature assumes the shape of a dragon.
9TH-LEVEL ANY SPELLS
Disjunction: Dispels magic, disenchants magic items.
Elemental Swarm: Summons multiple elementals.
Energy Swarm A: An exploding sphere deals 17d6 energy damage.
Gate X: Connects two planes for travel or summoning.
Genesis X: You instigate a new demiplane on the Astral Plane. [/sblock]

VOID SPELLS: Void spells deal with affects which have no place. They deal with effects which duplicate the other elements, as well as some of their own effects.
[sblock]1ST-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Astral Traveler: Enable yourself or another to join an astral caravan-enabled trip.
Mindlink A: You forge a limited mental bond with another creature.
Missive A: Send a one-way telepathic message to subject.
2ND-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Feat Leech A: Borrow another’s ki or metamagic feats.
Missive, Mass A: You send a one-way telepathic message to an area.
Spectral Hand: Creates disembodied glowing hand to deliver touch attacks.
Touch of Idiocy: Subject takes 1d6 points of Int, Wis, and Cha damage.
3RD-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Astral Caravan A: You lead astral traveler-enabled group to a planar destination.
Mind Trap A: Drain 1d6 mana points from anyone who attacks you with a mind affecting spell.
Solicit Familiar A: Your familiar takes over your concentration spell.
4TH-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Imbue with Spell Ability: Transfer spells to subject.
Mana Leech: Drain 1d6 mana points/round while you maintain concentration; you gain 1/round.
Mindlink, Thieving A: Borrow knowledge of a subject’s spell.
Personality Parasite: Subject’s mind calves self-antagonistic splinter personality for 1 round/level.
Psychic Reformation X: Subject can choose skills, feats, and spells anew for previous levels.
Psychic Vampire: Touch attack drains 2 mana points/level from foe.
Quintessence: You collapse a bit of time into a physical substance.
Shadow Conjuration A: Mimics conjuring below 4th level, but only 20% real.
5TH-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Awaken X: Animal or tree gains human intellect.
Catapsi A: Psychic static inhibits spell casting.
Contact Other Plane: Lets you ask question of extraplanar entity.
Dream: Sends message to anyone sleeping.
Magic Jar F: Enables possession of another creature.
Metaconcert A: Mental concert of two or more increases the total power of the participants.
Shadow Evocation A: Mimics evocation of lower than 5th level, but only 20% real.
6TH-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Co-opt Concentration: Take control of foe’s concentration spell.
7TH-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Limited Wish X: Alters reality—within spell limits.
Prismatic Spray A: Rays hit subjects with variety of effects.
Project Image M: Illusory double can talk and cast spells.
Shadow Conjuration, Greater A: As shadow conjuration, but up to 6th level and 60% real.
8TH-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Prismatic Wall A: Wall’s colors have array of effects.
Shadow Body: You become a living shadow (not the creature).
Shadow Evocation, Greater A: As shadow evocation, but up to 7th level and 60% real.
9TH-LEVEL VOID SPELLS
Astral Projection M: Projects you and companions onto Astral Plane.
Miracle X: Requests a deity’s intercession.
Prismatic Sphere A: As prismatic wall, but surrounds on all sides.
Shades A: As shadow conjuration, but up to 8th level and 80% real.
Storm of Vengeance A: Storm rains acid, lightning, and hail.
Wish X: As limited wish, but with fewer limits. [/sblock]

Please, offer up your suggestions.

Narkaious

First Post
Just a thought but it would seem to me that switching the lvl's able to cast and DC would make sense flavor wise and would open up some interesting ideas. In case my meaning isn't clear have the spell DC determined by the mental score and the spells available to cast be determined by the chakra score. This would allow a "physical" caster who instead of DC would rely on a # of castings to succeed. Anyways just a thought, definetly an interesting system. (exscuse any spelling errors it has been a long day and I am horrible at spelling normally.)

XeviatTranion

First Post
I'll give that some thought. But consider the half-casters who only get 4th level spells; they don't care about their highest level spells known very much, but they do care about their DCs to some extent. Don't know which way that tips the scales ... but think on it.

Yeah, feel those neurons fire.

Remove ads