• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Challenge to All

Olison

First Post
How do you kill a Char like this......

Level 26, Wiz21, Archmage5
HP166
AC90, touch85, flat-footed67
DR 30/-
SR20

SQ- Undead qualities, immune to Sonic/lightning/fire/cold/acid.

Feats-spell prodigy, spell focus (trans, necro), improve initiative, improve counterspell, reactive counterspell, greater spell peneration, empower spell, quicken spell

Epic Feats-improve spell capacity, multispell.

high arcana-master of counterspell, spell power +1 +2 +3, arcane reach.

Abilities-str42, dex56, con-, int56, wis28, cha24

PLEASE HELP ME.........

Kalanyr

Explorer
Lets see first up what Level/ECL/Class/Race are you? Also how did the Char get those stats since AFAIK its not possible with any of the books I've got.

Turning, turning boosters (there's tons of them in Defenders of the Faith, etc...), high initiative, and the sun domain works just fine in a pinch-you can even tack on extras like the Flame Steward PrC in an older issue of Dragon.

That said, there are many, many, many other ways, especially if he's not mindblanked. Great wyrm dragon would win if he could do a teleport with his haste action for a surprise round, or time stop from afar if you like that cheese (the key is not to cast spells with him noticing you).

Eh, I'm feeling relatively uncreative today, but there are tons and tons more ways to slay a munchkin, being one, I should know ;)

Plus, there's always handy dandy Rules 0 if you're the DM.

Turning, turning boosters (there's tons of them in Defenders of the Faith, etc...), high initiative, and the sun domain works just fine in a pinch-you can even tack on extras like the Flame Steward PrC in an older issue of Dragon.

That said, there are many, many, many other ways, especially if he's not mindblanked. Great wyrm dragon would win if he could do a teleport with his haste action for a surprise round, or time stop from afar if you like that cheese (the key is not to cast spells with him noticing you).

Eh, I'm feeling relatively uncreative today, but there are tons and tons more ways to slay a munchkin, being one, I should know ;)

Plus, there's always handy dandy Rules 0 if you're the DM.

MarauderX

Explorer
Try the old 'gang up on him' technique with rogues sneaking in with buffs on them. If you can get a higher Str monk or two on him to grapple, he will be without spellcasting, except for contingencies. Get some more fighter-types in close soon after to disarm him should he pull an item out to use, and keep pummeling him 'til he's well minced. Take a cleric to keep turning, and call in some divine help if things start to go awry. The grapplers will probably lose levels, so keep a cleric available to restore as well as cast an occasional spell. Add in some more high level casters to cast Silence 15' or better on the attackers (not the bad guy) and to cast some Save spells at him (target his weakest Save).

If he is already buffed up from anticipating your attack, come back again tomorrow or it could be embarrasing.

Remove ads