• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Challenging my high-lvl group (NPCs and monsters; my players shouldn't read this!)

Small note from a lurker, Kellharin I'm guessing would have to be less than 20th level actually, Protection from Arrows grants only DR 10/+4 under the Sluuth's spell block (it could have been cast by another however), suggesting he is 17th-19th level wizard or sorceror (18th at least if sorceror) due to his gate spell.

I love all these monsters btw (and especially the Story Hour) :), Kellharin seems very interesting, I'm excited to see his stats eventually.

wohoo, got the courage to post ;) /lurkingmode on again

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Sollir, with 2000+ posts, I can tell you're a lurker. :D

The vast array of spells were actually laid on by four spellcasters, two arcane and two divine, of differing levels. As for Kellharin himself, you'll learn more about him in the next few updates.

Heh, mostly just a lurker for your storyhour, its been over a year since I starting reading them ;) In fact, that's what brought me over from the WotC boards to ENWorld, keep up the good work! ...maybe i'll try to contribute some evil critter sometime too :D

Why would they do it in the reverse? A Sovereign Wall should block all spell lines of effect so there is nothing getting into one of those so why not cast the Castle inside and at least let everyone sleep in comfort.

Would not the Sovereign Wall also block all scrying attempts through it?

Piratecat said:
Doc, you're a clever monkey. He's planning on the reverse, though; casting a spherical sovereign wall inside of a Calphas' Comfy Castle. Until further notice, the CCC has only one huge room, in the hopes that Agar's detect scrying will pick up any scrying attemnts while they're in there. Pretty clever, really.

Last edited:

Ziggy

First Post
Piratecat said:
Here are Sluuth's stats without any buffing spells.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sluuth Fiendish Advanced Black Pudding (with no buffing spells)
Piratecat, was my Pudding smack an inspiration for Sluuth ( see http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10188), or did we just have a very similar idea ?

.Ziggy

[BTW, how to you find the right link to individual posts ?]

DoctorB

First Post
For Doc's point, I am guessing that since the Castle creates an extra-dimensional space, you could not cast the Sovereign Wall outside of it because the wall would be on the Prime while the inside of the Castle is in its own dimension (or the astral).

The only entrance to the Castle though is located on the Prime and sealed off by the Sovereign Wall.

I guess it can go either way on whether you can still Gate into the Castle.

DoctorB said:
For Doc's point, I am guessing that since the Castle creates an extra-dimensional space, you could not cast the Sovereign Wall outside of it because the wall would be on the Prime while the inside of the Castle is in its own dimension (or the astral).

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Ziggy, I didn't even SEE your pudding smackdown, darn it! Similar ideas, I guess. :)

Doc Moriarty, DoctorB has it right. The CCC exists on another plane. If you have a CCC cast within a SW, no one can get into the area on the prime near the CCC's magical entrance point, but it won't stop anyone from getting into the CCC itself via a direct gate; that extradimensional area is not influenced by the SW one way or another.

However, if you have SW cast within the CCC itself, it should stop anyone from gating in to the extradimensional space (assuming that SW stops gate, which hasn't yet been proven.) It probably won't stop scrying attempts either way, though.

Last edited:

Nail

First Post
follow core rulez wit' th' ooze?

I'm just wonderin' if th' fiendish ooze can be resurrected. As an outsider, it can't be...but PC is a RBDM........he's gonna resurrect th' UD bad guys, after all.

Remove ads