• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chamber of Efficiency.

Joker

First Post
I still have to work on the title but what I want to build is a chamber or lab that allows items to be made quicker. Something that emulates the epic feat 'Efficient Item Creation,' though with a few differences. I want it to apply to all the items that are created there, but I want it to be physically and mentally draining (items cost more xp to make, about 10-20% more).

However I have no idea how much this is gonna cost.

My party is evil (read: "Muhaha, we're wearing black clothing and sitting in the darkest corner of the inn kind" of evil). We're all around 15th level and have 240k+ gp in the bank (thought we can always get more if we need it :]). So because we're "evil" I'm thinking enslaved air and fire elementals to power the furnaces. Perhaps devices mechanical or magical that aid the creator somehow. Maybe it needs special components to function.

I hope the collective creativity of Enworld can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Laundreu

First Post
Now I'd never recommend this, because it'd be a horrible awful evil idea.

But what'd happen if you'd open up a portal to the positive energy plane, and another portal to the negative energy plane, in the same area, at the same time?

The energy emission should be...immense. You could use that to power all sorts of interesting things in your <strike>little shop of horrors</strike> effeciency-enhancement chambers!

It'd also account for crazy wacky mental exhaustion effects and stuff. You're being drained and healed at the same time, for however long you're in there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads