• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Champion of Correlon

Tyrrell

First Post
I just got a copy of races of the wild. I looked at the champion of corellon prestige class.

It has: ten sided hit dice, full BAB, four bonus feats, dex bonus to damage that stacks with strength bonus, it allows the character to bypass the dex restrictions on armor and, as if that weren't enough, the character can lay on hands and give their sword a magic boost.

Is this class as overpowered as I think it is or did I miss something?

Egres

First Post
Tyrrell said:
I just got a copy of races of the wild. I looked at the champion of corellon prestige class.

It has: ten sided hit dice, full BAB, four bonus feats, dex bonus to damage that stacks with strength bonus, it allows the character to bypass the dex restrictions on armor and, as if that weren't enough, the character can lay on hands and give their sword a magic boost.

Better than a standard fighter?

Yes

Overpowered?

No.

werk

First Post
Tyrrell said:

What are the PrC requirements?

Tyrrell

First Post
werk said:
What are the PrC requirements?

no books here but I recall

elf or half elf

any good alignment

dodge, combat expertise, one of either weapon focus longsword or exotic weapon proficency in lightblade, thinblade, or courtblade, and mounted combat.

+7 BAB

two skills (one of which I remeber is diplomacy) at some fairly low level.

The only downers on this list in my opinion are the skills and mounted combat. mounted combat requires a specific sort of game to be useful and the skills would be a healthy investment for an elven fighter without high int.

werk

First Post
Tyrrell said:
no books here but I recall
The only downers on this list in my opinion are the skills and mounted combat. mounted combat requires a specific sort of game to be useful and the skills would be a healthy investment for an elven fighter without high int.

I was just hoping it would have some steep prereqs to balance it out some.

Quikill

First Post
werk said:
I was just hoping it would have some steep prereqs to balance it out some.

I'm just curious, but what do you consider steep prerequisites?

4 feats, 2 skills, racial restriction, alignment restriction, and +7 BAB.

:confused:

Sounds like fairly steep prerequisites to me.

[joke] It's a WotC policy that all books must have at least one twinked-out elf-specific prestige class. [/joke]

But seriously, this PrC actually sounds pretty cool, and if a character wants to invest one of his precious feats in Mounted Combat (which, don't forget, requires a rank in the Ride skill) -- I'd tell him to go for it!

Also, it really only gives you benefits in heavy armor, IIRC.

In other words, it's got bonuses for a high-Dex character fighting in platemail.

That's a really suboptimal combination for a long, long time.

werk

First Post
Quikill said:
I'm just curious, but what do you consider steep prerequisites?

4 feats, 2 skills, racial restriction, alignment restriction, and +7 BAB.

Sounds like fairly steep prerequisites to me.

Archmage, Blackguard, stuff like that. I think bladesinger is stiff too.

This PrC isn't in the candlekeep 3.5 index, so I haven't really looked at it other than what's in this thread.

Tyrrell

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Also, it really only gives you benefits in heavy armor, IIRC.

In other words, it's got bonuses for a high-Dex character fighting in platemail.

That's a really suboptimal combination for a long, long time.

The character doesn't have to wear platemail, he'll just gradually aquire the ability to wear heavier armors while retaining his full dex bonus.

He can move into heavier armors when he's ready for them and never have to use a sub-optimal combinaiton.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads