Change to Voting Rules due to Increasing Number of Judges

Patlin

Explorer
As I mentioned earlier in the general thread, the fortunate circumstance of having more plentifull judges might make it desirable to have slightly more detailed rules for voting on proposals. Here's what I suggest:

Proposal I

YES votes need to exceed NO votes by at least 2 to pass, with a minimum of 3 YES votes. If NO votes exceed YES votes by at least 2, with a minimum of 3 NO votes, the matter is closed. Voting will remain open until either of these conditions has been met for a continuous period of 48 hours, at which point the decision becomes official.

It is possible that a proposal will neither pass nor be officially closed. Example: A proposal may gain 4 yes votes and 3 no votes and attract no further votes. In such a circumstance, the proposal has not passed and does not become a rule barring a change in circumstances.

Proposal II

This one may be redundant, as I'm not sure it isn't allready the rule. It is, if not rule, at least traditional that a Judge not vote on his/her own proposal. I suggest this be an official rule.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rystil Arden

First Post
I forgot about the Judge not voting on their own proposal. I would say enforce that, but in the rare occasion where there are an even number of Judges and ALL other judges have voted such that there is one more judge in favour of approving and thus it would still be deadlocked, the final judge who proposed it should be allowed to step in and push it over. It is only fair, with all the Judges' hard work, to at least allow them this courtesy.

orsal

LEW Judge
I vote Yes to this proposal.

I'm somewhat ambivalent about the "no voting on your own proposal" rule, but since it already is a rule I'm ignoring that for now.

Erekose13

Explorer
I too vote Yes for my first vote in an official capacity. I don't know about the voting on your own proposal in the situation that RA brings up. At first I read Patlin's corolary (which already existed) and said absolutely. Were we to have a seperate vote on RA's amendment, I'd have to think harder on it.

Remove ads