• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changeling Cantrip Cards, are they worth having?

Uber Dungeon

First Post
I just recently found a sealed box of changeling cantrip cards on ebay. I remember buying these as a kid and being angry that they wore big and not x-man cards... Anyways I have been wanting these for my WOD games and even D&D.
The last time I saw then for sell on the internet it was $20.00 a pack. This guy on ebay is selling them for $86.00 for the box (24 packs)... granted thats bid, but I am thinking bidding maybe $100.00

Aside from how I want to use them, I was wondering, whats there intended use?

Crothian

First Post
They are used with 1e Changeling which is a mess rules wise for cantrips. I've got a bunch of the cards somewhere but I don't think we ever figured a good way of using them. That being said the art is really cool on them if you like the old Changeling art style. I love me some old school Changeling.

Uber Dungeon

First Post
In my group we have a custom deck of meany things with 52 different effects. Every time an effect is pulled we delete it off it the list and replace it with something new. Anyways, I wanted to use these cards for that deck.
As for WOD, I was wondering how they wore used to effect the game, but it sounds like it would be with old rules.

Crothian

First Post
Ya, even Changeling second edition didn't use the cards.

Bascially, you drew cards for each dot in arts you had. Some cards represented different cantrips, some different realms (the target of the cantrip), and bunks which was the negative aspect of casting the cantrip. One problem though is it would be easy to not have the cards you needed heck with the way they did the packs it was possible to not even own the cards one needed.

Remove ads