• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changeover Poll

Changeover Poll

• Complete Changeover: All 4E played now, no earlier editions of D&D

Votes: 193 32.2%
  • Largely over: Mostly 4E played now, some earlier edition play

Votes: 56 9.3%
  • Half over: Half 4E played now, half earlier edition play

Votes: 32 5.3%
  • Partial Changeover: Some 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 18 3.0%
  • Slight Changeover: A little 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • No Change: Tried 4E, went back to earlier edition play

Votes: 114 19.0%
  • No Change: Never tried 4E, all earlier edition play

Votes: 165 27.5%

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Heh, sorry boys, so the security here seems to be rather seriously flawed. I managed to vote again 2 more times. Here is the trick: If I log on I cant vote. If I log off I can vote once. If after voting I log on and then log off again I can re-vote as logged off. I guess this can happen at infinitum. Give me an hour and I can skyrocket any option you wish.

This poll, as all polls, are a bit of fun which can sometimes illustrate interesting issues from an ENworld perspective.

Now, if you or anyone else thinks it is fun to 'stuff' the poll to spoil the results, and we find out, you'll be banned. Why? Because it is stupid and rude to deliberately spoil something that someone else (in this case Edena) has started.

You have been warned.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I will merely state that the Control Poll Numbers, the numbers that were constant from Vote 400 through Vote 1,200, were within the following ranges:

Changeover: 31% to 33%
No Changeover: 57% to 59%
Partial Changeover: 9% to 11%
Option 6: 30% to 32%

That is not true, now. But it was true for 800 votes.

Zulithe

Explorer
I feel that as time goes on, complete changeover or partial changeover can only increase, as long as WotC keeps up the current pace of things.

Maybe we can get the poll loopholes fixed and start another poll? After reading the last 2 or 3 pages, I don't really trust these results anymore.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Holy makeral. I thought the poll over due to the lack of interest, and ... 100 votes in 2 days!

It is a literal flood of pro-4E voting, too. The results are changed again, away from the 400 - 1,200 Vote Poll Range.

I will merely state that the Control Poll Numbers, the numbers that were constant from Vote 400 through Vote 1,200, were within the following ranges:

Changeover: 31% to 33%
No Changeover: 57% to 59%
Partial Changeover: 9% to 11%
Option 6: 30% to 32%

That is not true, now. But it was true for 800 votes.

In the light of these findings, and a pattern which does look like shills at work, I'm closing the poll for the time being.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Personally, I think all the extra votes are coming from one (or more) of the people who are trying to disapprove the meaning of this poll (not that it has any). It's not feasible for the poll results to change as much in such a short time (after being rock-solid for weeks) without some rigging going on.

It's a self-selecting poll. It has no meaning other than entertainment.

Sorry, guys. I wish there were some way to get real data here, but it's not feasible. Ultimately, all we could do is get one person to take the list of ENWorld users and run a private poll, carefully worded to avoid bias, and use either a random sample or the entire population (really unlikely, since there are still people that are happy to just read and never create a user-id). That means that if you run a sample, without somehow having information on the actual population number, it's pretty much impossible to develop the type of hyper-accurate research poll that would really be useful for much of anything.

This post brought to you by statistics.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Maybe we can get the poll loopholes fixed and start another poll? After reading the last 2 or 3 pages, I don't really trust these results anymore.

Just reading the last dozen or so posts should tell you exactly how much you can trust the poll-- both before and after it was tampered with.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Just reading the last dozen or so posts should tell you exactly how much you can trust the poll-- both before and after it was tampered with.

It might be better to post public polls regarding things like this in the future. It's doesn't prevent someone from creating multiple usernames, but it's less likely (though not impossible) someone will spend the effort affect such a poll in a meaningful way.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
In the light of these findings, and a pattern which does look like shills at work, I'm closing the poll for the time being.

(nods)

I understand, Plane Sailing. Please do, if you would. Close the poll, that is.

The final, and established results, are the average of the 400 - 1,200 vote base results, and these would be:

Changeover: 32% (31% - 33%)
No Changeover: 58% (57% - 59%)
Partial Changeover: 10% (9% - 11%)
Option 6: 31% (30% - 32%)

We will go with these results. These are the verifiable and most trustworthy results of the Second Changeover Poll.

If, at some later date (it will be more than 4 months from now) I create a Third Changeover Poll, it will have the same questions as this poll.

Edena_of_Neith, bowing out here.

Jasperak

Adventurer
A short time after PH2 comes out might be a good time. We might be able to see if more options in the game bring more people in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads