• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

changing templates help

Cethernd

First Post
In the Draconomicon, the prestige class Disciple of Ashardalon gives you 'fiendish perfection' at it's 12th level, which makes you a half-fiend/outsider.
If I were to make a half-dragon disciple of ashardalon, would this change replace the half-dragon template (as if you were half-fiend from the start) or add onto the half-dragon temple?

Aidan Milvus

First Post
as long as you can qualify for the template, you can add it. I know its not exactly what you were asking, but as an example, there's nothing preventing you from making a half-dragon/half-fiend/goblin as a monster, so it wouldn't prevent you from taking a class and gaining a template. Just like you could take a half-fiendish Elf and becoming a dragon disciple, which at the end you gain the half-dragon template, there's nothing preventing a half-dragon from gaining the half-fiendish template because of a PrC.

moritheil

First Post
Template stacking can be done almost indefinitely and has yielded hilarious results in the past (i.e., a half-dragon half-fiend half-centaur dwarf is not really recognizable as a dwarf.) ;)

Remove ads