• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changing the size of a weapon.

BelXiror

First Post
This is a thought that came to me recently.

Could you use the spell fabricate, and/or polymorph any object to change the size of a weapon? Ie, turn a medium longsword into a small longsword?

And further, could you do it with a magical weapon?

Another thing, could a halfling take that medium longsword and replace the hilt with a halfling sized hilt and turn it into a small bastard sword? If so, how important is the hilt to a magic weapon, or is it the blade itself thats enchanted?

These are just some thoughts on how to throw a bone to the small ones when you fight primarily medium size and up foes.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
There are no rules to cover these questions, AFAIK. I probably wouldn't allow it, though. Then again, I don't use random treasure very much.

A small PC might consider picking up the Ancestral Weapon feat, if he was truly feeling the pinch. Then he could claim the magical medium longsword and use it to strengthen his own weapon at no loss of gp value.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Zipher said:
What is the "Ancestral Weapon" feat?
Which book is it from?

It's from the Book of Exalted Deeds. It lets you increase the power of your signature weapon (or armor) by sacrificing valuables to it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads