• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chaos Scar!

crash_beedo

First Post
The original Keep on the Borderlands / Caves of Chaos had an evil temple in there that reminded one of the Elder Elemental Eye that appeared in the Against the Giants modules...

I'm hoping the Meteorite of Doom and the shards of evil that splintered off of it harken back to the Chained God and the original influences.

I definitely appreciate the nostalgic streak the 4E developers are displaying with these homages / nods to the classics.

Renshai

First Post
Is Voran Earthmane’s keep marked on the Chaos Scar map? I'm not seeing it for some reason. Also, is there a scale for the map listed anywhere?

Last edited:

crash_beedo

First Post
Is Voran Earthmane’s keep marked on the Chaos Scar map? I'm not seeing it for some reason.

Near the King's Wall there is a cave symbol and the letter A - we're thinking that's the first cave, and the letter B will be the second one.

It's not explicitly stated anywhere, but the encounters in the mod all have the letter A...

Greg V

First Post
I like how the valley map turned out. And "Stick in the Mud" is a cool adventure. Congratulations, Blackdirge!

I think my "The Brothers Gray" will be the third or fourth scenario--I'm thinking it'll be somewhere northwest of the Pillar of Eyes. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out and builds up to the meteorite's fortress. I hope there's some robed zombies and skeletons that come out if you sound the gong. The nostalgia factor off of Keep on the Borderlands is excellent.

Hey Shroomy, if you like mudmen check out Necromancer Games' new release Slumbering Tsar: The Desolation. It's got more mudmen than you can shake a stick at--toxic mudmen, no less.

FireLance

Legend
I liked the first-effort "Stick in the Mud," its a nice little string of encounters (probably needed at least a little role-playing opportunities, but it was interesting for what it was), plus it brought back the mud men, which are one of my favorite monsters from the 1e MM2.
The PCs in my campaign have just reached 2nd level and I will be running a swamp-themed adventure for them next. There will be a mudman or two. They should go quite nicely with the mud lasher (from MM2). :p

Remove ads