• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Char Sheet: Attack/Defence Workspace

My group seems to be confused... which weapons/powers do we put in the Attack Workspace section of the character sheet? It seems basic to me just your atk bonus' yet there are slots even for class... and I don't think any class give specific bonus for Attack.

How is everyone using that space?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Well, a lot of attacks key of your weapon or implement, for example many wizard spells do Intelligence vs. some defence and do XdX + Intelligence modifier damage.

But these values are modified by your feats and your implements/weapons, so the workspace allows you jot this stuff down, so you can read it off your sheet when a power needs it.

Cheers, LT.

Thanks. So if I understand correctly, ANY basic melee or ranged or power can be placed in this section for quick reference? That was my take but the teens around my table are looking for absolutes.

I think the Char Sheet is confusing for them as weapons have been relegated down to a mere subnote on the page.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Yeah, yes. It's more of a "cheat sheet" than anything else, just for the ease of play. Though I'd place the basic attacks down there in the "basic attack" section and use the workspace for the main abilities governing the character's non-basic attacks.

Cheers, LT.

hahahaaha seriously, I told them all last night, "you should all be using Necros' sheets"... that was before I asked the question.

I take it all fits with "official" one. On another note, do you have plans for a DM quick ref Encounter Sheet? I've been looking for a 4E one for a while [/swat from a moderator for the change of topic :cool: ]

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Good stuff.

I'm still not 100% sure what the best use of any of the attack areas are on any of the sheets.

A filled out one or two would be great.

Baumi

Adventurer
As the Name says .. it's just a Workspace that you can use like you want with no special Formula's or Powers needed.

I think the best way to use it is to add your Attack Attributes with Implements there with no specific Power in your mind, since the Boni are the same with nearly all of your powers anyway and for for special Situations where some Feats and/or Items help you (like Opportunity Attack-Feats/Features).

Example:
Lvl 3 Wizard, Int 18, Wand +1, Burning Blizzard Feat

---Attack Workspace---
Ability: Int-Based
Att Bonus: 6
1/2 LVL: 1
Abil: 4
Class: 0 (seems to be only for Fighters)
Prof: 0 (Weapon Proficiency)
Feat:0 (great if you want to calculate your Opportunity attacks)
Enh: 1
Misc: 0

---Damage Workspace---
Ability: Int-Based (Acid/Ice)
Damage: +6
Abil: 4
Feat: 1 (Burning Blizzard)
Enh: 1
Misc: 0

Remove ads