• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Ages and Physical Descriptions

The_Universe

First Post
That's actually very interesting. It does bring up at least one question, however - what's the polite way to refer to an orphan or bastard (ie, someone whose parentage, and thus patronymic, is uknown)? Is there just a standard (blank)yavich that gets applied to the "fatherless"?

cuteasaurus

First Post
Honestly...I'm not sure I had any idea what the character's name was (proper or not) until Liz posted something about "slava" above...:eek:

AIM-54

First Post
The_Universe said:
That's actually very interesting. It does bring up at least one question, however - what's the polite way to refer to an orphan or bastard (ie, someone whose parentage, and thus patronymic, is uknown)? Is there just a standard (blank)yavich that gets applied to the "fatherless"?

Good question. I've looked into it a bit and haven't found anything, yet. I'll try and do some more focused searching in the future.

small nico

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Nurse Brown is probably in her upper twenties.

Yep, the nurse (Emma Brown) is 25. Well 25 and a half if you really want to know :p.
And in case anyone was interested she is about 5'4" with Brown hair green eyes and a pretty bookish plain look.

(PS: Thanks to everyone for letting me play, I really had a great time and look forward to more.)

Xath

Moder-gator
small nico said:
Yep, the nurse (Emma Brown) is 25. Well 25 and a half if you really want to know :p.
And in case anyone was interested she is about 5'4" with Brown hair green eyes and a pretty bookish plain look.

(PS: Thanks to everyone for letting me play, I really had a great time and look forward to more.)

Welcome to the boards, Nico. :)

AIM-54

First Post
The_Universe said:

According to what I could find, it's fairly arbitrary. In cases where no one knows what the father's name is, it appears to be standard to simply assign one.

The_Universe

First Post
Very interesting. That kind of linguistics is very interesting, although I have to admit it's not *all that* important to the game.

Good stuff.

While we're doing this general exercise...are there any particular NPC's you all want descriptions for? Make a request and I'll put the description here.

Remove ads