• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Breeding

Solauren

Explorer
In my campaign one of my PC's wants to create a new character that is the child of his previous two chracters. He used to run a male Gold Elf and a Female Silver Elf.

I was wondering how some might handle figuring out which type of elf the new chracter would be, silver, gold? a mixture of both? my PC and I are sort of stumped on it lol

I'd given it some thought that there might be a 50/50 chance the character would lean towards either one, or maybe just go with whichever type he wants to play.

thanks for any help

Darklone

Well, I failed at uploading the phase diagram of the Au-Ag binary alloy...

I'd go with the 50% chance as well. Are the differences sooo big?

Last edited:

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
The child would be a Sold Elf. Traditionally, such hybrid children are, as their name implies, sold into slavery at a young age. Others are used in twisted soldering iron rituals. :p

Seriously, I have no idea how to handle this. I'd probably use the 'cultural' traits of the faither and the stat mods of the mother, just for something unique.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Mechanically, I'd have the player of the new character pick one or the other. Physically, I'd describe the new character as a blend of the two.

noeuphoria

First Post
He becomes an... electrum elf!! I would just go 50/50 or if you and the PC want to get into it... maybe roll randomly for "sections" of the elf, i.e. what stat they get bonus too. skill bonuses, etc... I don't really know what the diffs are though so I don't know how necessary it is.

Sejs

First Post
Just pick whether the kid takes after mom or dad more.

For the love of all that is holy, don't hybridize the two subraces and come up with yet another elven subrace. We wouldn't want to have to track you all down and do something nasty, but we will if pressed.

Teslacoil1138

First Post
It makes you wonder... how would a surface elf/drow breed work?

Ignore the fact that the parents would rather kill each other than get it on to make the offspring. What would a child of that mix be like? :p

Remove ads