• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Build Help

mjc21

First Post
My DM forced the group’s characters into a situation that required them to drink a “chaotic” mixture of chemicals.

Party consists of:
Elf Druid 3 (now with a mithral arm); Animal companions: monkey (rider) and wolf (mount)
Elf Jester 3 (the chemicals effects on her character have not yet materialized)
Elf Rogue 3 (draconic appearance and some minor abilities)
Elf Fighter 1/Rogue 2 (All I am aware of are some random stat boosts)

Elf Soulknife 3(my character)
- Hair color changed to dark purple
- Type changed to Aberration although all elven traits are maintained
- Alignment shifted to CN
- Immunity to Fire
- Catfall
- Retractable Claws (1d4)
- Darkvision (60ft)
- +2 to saves against poison and disease
- +1 natural armor
- Ability score changes (DM has stated these changes are permanent and non-magical)
----Before: STR 14, DEX 18, CON 13, INT 16, WIS 14, CHA 12
----After: STR 16, DEX 24, CON 15, INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 10

My character was originally designed to be a stealthy scout type to replace the nonexistent rogue. (The DM and other players were surprised/annoyed to find out that the persons supposedly playing a cleric and a wizard instead produced a rogue/fighter and a rogue).

With my character’s wisdom and charisma reduced, most divine magic and psionic classes are impossible. Fortunately, the drops are not extremely damaging to the Soulknife class.

Now, my character has a huge DEX and an overall improvement in all physical abilities. Should I stick with the Soulknife or dip into an INT-based arcane caster or is there something better?

Character’s feats: 1st level: Dodge, 3rd level: Mobility

Notes about the DM:
1. Prefers Wizards of the Coast and Malhavoc Press for source material
2. Rarely uses more than 1-3 opponents at a time against the group during combat encounters. The most I ever recall was 5 at a time.

Cartigan Mrryl

First Post
Eh... with the increase in Physical abilities.. I'd say go for a martial class... maybe a ranger or a dextrous fighter... but I don't know about anything to help you out besides that (the increase in Natural Armor would also help)

Malum

First Post
SoulKnife is a good multiclassing class given the correct build goal. An infiltrating unarmored Assassin type “Look I don’t have any weapons”.

One of our players made a Dwarf with a real good build combo of: Fighter / Kensai / Soulknife / Monk / Psychic Warrior. He is now 8th level it is a Gestalt campaign and he is now progressing as a Kensai / Mind Blade and will undoubtedly be a terror for all level to come even in our Gestalt campaign.

So if you want to fully concentrate everything you got into your sword no other class combo compares to the SoulBlade / Kensai
Malum

szilard

First Post
Hmmm...

Is there a feat or something that allows you to shape your mind blade into a rapier? If so, a three-level dip into Swashbuckler might be worthwhile with those stats...

-Stuart

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads