• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Builder Bug? [Versatile Master]

noodle fish mice

First Post
So, tonight, I was playing my half-elf warlord who has the versatile master feat but is NOT paragon multiclassing.

On my action point card from the character builder, it lists the option of spending an action point to regain the use of an expended encounter power, which comes from the versatile master feat. It also lists my bonus from my paragon path. I can't use both at once, but according to my card, I have both options.

Should I? I don't think so, according to the way the feat is worded, but it's mildly ambiguous, and it DID show up on my character sheet...

Here's how the feat is worded:

"You can use the power you chose through your Dilettante racial trait as an at-will power.
If you choose the paragon multiclassing option, you can choose powers at 11th level, 12th level, and 20th level from any class, instead of only from your second class. You can also spend an action point to regain the use of an encounter attack power that you have already used during this encounter, instead of taking an extra action."

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
From my read of the language you have provided, you shouldn't get the "trade an AP to refresh an encounter power", as you haven't chosen the paragon multiclassing option - my read of the paragraph construction is that the AP power is in addition to the paragon multiclassing option - if they had wanted it to exist as an option you get regardless of your paragon path, they could have made such clear as putting it before the paragon multiclassing stuff.

That said, I can see how it could be read either way. I certainly find one way more persuasive, but I can see either argued.

noodle fish mice

First Post
From my read of the language you have provided, you shouldn't get the "trade an AP to refresh an encounter power", as you haven't chosen the paragon multiclassing option - my read of the paragraph construction is that the AP power is in addition to the paragon multiclassing option - if they had wanted it to exist as an option you get regardless of your paragon path, they could have made such clear as putting it before the paragon multiclassing stuff.

That said, I can see how it could be read either way. I certainly find one way more persuasive, but I can see either argued.

Yeah that's essentially how I read it, as well. It makes more sense. I'm only confused because it showed up on my character sheet (I know the character isn't a rules reference by any means, but it still added ambiguity) so I noticed it and used it before I thought about why I could do it.

Oh well.

Remove ads