• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Builder Glitch

thewok

First Post
I don't get it either. There was no change to magic armor in Essentials, other than to call everything by its generic name (i.e. Feyweave and Starweave are both cloth armor). Your problem is still a glitch, and you should have an AC of 23.

The Human Target

Adventurer
I don't get it either. There was no change to magic armor in Essentials, other than to call everything by its generic name (i.e. Feyweave and Starweave are both cloth armor). Your problem is still a glitch, and you should have an AC of 23.

I dunno, some people on the WotC boards seem to think its completely intentional.

Read the magic armor section of Heroes of the Fallen Lands (pages 343-344.) It really points to the idea that all the masterwork armors just get straight incorporated into magic armor as you level up. There are charts and everything.

And I quote "Magic appears at higher levels, and grants higher bonuses than its mundane counterparts."

It goes on to say that +2 scale magic armor should have a total bonus of plus 10= 2 for the enhancement and 8 for the improved armor bonus.

Its not saying "this particular kind of magic armor", its saying all kinds.

I'm 90% sure this "glitch" is 100% intentional.

Masterwork seems to now be built into magic armor.

circadianwolf

First Post
Well.. masterwork is supposed to be built into magic heavy armor. If you weren't incorporating it before, you were falling behind in armor class. It's a confusing system, but it's necessary to accommodate for the increases light armor users get from increasing Dex/Int.

thewok

First Post
I get it. Yeah. It's hardcoded now. Makes sense.

My question would be, are the odd masterwork armors still in the builder? For example, Stormscale. It's a +4 armor that has a +9 armor bonus (the standard bonus for that level now is +10), but it offers a +2 to Fortitude.

bargle0

First Post
I get it. Yeah. It's hardcoded now. Makes sense.

My question would be, are the odd masterwork armors still in the builder? For example, Stormscale. It's a +4 armor that has a +9 armor bonus (the standard bonus for that level now is +10), but it offers a +2 to Fortitude.

They are still there.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
I posted a different bug in the CB over on the Wizards site, this one having to do with magical musical instruments.

Seems like this last update has made them unequippable in your main or offhand. The bard in my party was MOST displeased when he figured out after the update he was no longer using his +2 Sitar.

We patched it ourselves by feat swap and adding a plain +2 wand to get the math right.

Remove ads