• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Building Tools

DMJon

Explorer
I was wondering how players of the various editions create their characters. With 4E I’ve always had access to pretty good character building software but I’ve never tried to make a 4E character without using one of these tools. Does anyone play 4E and not use software for building characters? Are their good software options for the other editions or do most players just use a blank character sheet and a pencil?

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
For 3.5, find a copy of the last version of HeroForge if you have Excel. It's a great tool.
You also have the old Etools and it's various craziness. But I wouldn't recommend it.

For 2E, there is an Old Old software called Core Rules 2.0 and an Expansion to it as well. It goes for a crazy prices and I've never used it myself.

For 1E, I picked up a copy (its free) of Dungeon Maestro over on Dragonsfoot Forum. It's located at this link: http://www.dungeonmaestro.com
There is a pretty good thread for it on their forum for it and he is constantly working to make it better with any feed back he receives on it.
Someone also made an Excel sheet Heroforge style for it, but I've never been able to make it work right myself.

Remove ads