Character concepts you like...but probably won’t get to play.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
COMBAT W.O.M.B.A.T. (Willoughby’s Optimized Modular Biosuit, All Terrain): Oswald Willoughby, a brilliant but eccentric Australian inventor, created a multipurpose modular biosuit with armor good enough to shrug off small arms fire and a little bit more. It is capable of withstanding deep water pressure, can operate in near-space conditions, and functions just fine in extreme cold or heat. He has currently equipped it with some surprisingly dangerous weapons systems.

It looks alarmingly like a big silvery wombat.

Derren

Hero
A Drake in Shadowrun. But considering how controversial and "special snowflake" they are this will likely never happen in a meaningful way

A loud, impolite and generally unplesant gnoe illusionist I once designed who throws around the money he earns through adventuring like nothing and expects that because of that everyone has to put up with his character.

reelo

Hero
Dwarf mountaineer (Ranger) dual-wielding pickaxes, with a crossbow (for firing grappling hooks)

I'm a man of simple tastes.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
A Ship’s Good Luck, Tabaxi Sailor, nicknamed “Ship”. College of Swords Bard.

As yet unamed Shadar-kai Swashbuckler/Ancients Paladin with the Sailor background.

Bugbear Inquisitive Rogue or Open Hand Monk, very well spoken and well read, well groomed, and friendly. Terrifyingly ferocious in a fight. Loves naps and tea, and books. Bad at standing watch. Makes nests to sleep in when possible.

Silas Pentaghast, Tiefling Shadow Monk with the TalDorei gunfighting feat. Raised with his twin sister Patience, by a hag after his parents were murdered by fiendish cultists.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
HELLBOX- just Box to his compatriots- a Warforged who was constructed to be a living gate to the infernal realms...but he rebelled, and is trying to make the world a better place.

Mechanically, he's a Battlmind/Infernal Pact Warlock. As per another poster’s suggestion, his Ritual Spellbook would be engraved on his body...

The inspiration for the PC was one of my 3.5 Mage-Brute builds, and is an amalgam of the Hellboy comic book and the Hellraiser stories & movies- ported into 4Ed.

JUKEBOX/iPOD- a Warforged Bard for whom I’d love to have a unique song on a portable device playlist for each spell on his list or different use of Bardic Music...

Ideally using a device with speakers...

When not actually casting, I'd try to speak as often as possible in quotes from songs.

Other PC: "Jukebox, the fighters are sorely wounded. Do you think you can take point for a while?"

Jukebox: "Been a long time since I rock n' roll....mmmm. But Saturday Night's alright for fighting. And we are the champions, my friend!"

Other PC: "I'll...ummm...I'll take that as a 'yes'."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Since my 1914 Supers M&M campaign folded fairly quickly, I never really got to use DR. ZEUS or SPRING-HEELED JACK.

Dr. Zeus was a classic comic-book style hyper-evolved super simian- in this case, an orangutan- with his oversized brain covered by a transparent dome. He was a super-scientist/gadgeteer type, with a taste for Tesla inspired weaponry: lightning bolt guns, mechanical resonance mines...that sort of thing.

The second was a lawless vigilante who used a pneumatic exoskeleton to power jumps of inhuman distance and powerful strikes. His devilish helm had night vision enhancements and a voice amplifier/scrambler.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Forgot a couple!

Brightmantle” the Gnome Paladin of The Ancients. A classic Knight Errant, built as a Dex Paladin in slightly reflavored studded leather armor, rocking a rapier (and possibly shield), with a background as either a cook’s son who showed promise at a young age, or a thief who impressed a Knight during some misadventure and was taken in as his page, then squire. The idea would be for him to be on the verge of “earning his spurs”, and gaining the full title of Knight, and is on a Quest as part of his final proving.

“Cook” the brawler, gang leader in some major city where the poor are forgotten and abandoned in the underworld of the city’s infrastructure. A mix of shadow and lightning magic, agility, and martial skill. Fight with a chain and unarmed strikes. Not sure how to build him in 5e, honestly.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
“Cook” the brawler, gang leader in some major city where the poor are forgotten and abandoned in the underworld of the city’s infrastructure. A mix of shadowNot sure how to build him in 5e, honestly.

Well...
[video=youtube;edBenUAZ2OQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edBenUAZ2OQ[/video]

Remove ads