• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Creation Methods - New Campaign

Infiniti2000

First Post
I tried that once, but it made all the handicapped/disabled min-maxers in my group upset that being 'crippled' doesn't mean they automatically get more points to spend on attributes and skills.
Do they normally play Champions or something? Left unchecked, that was definitely the worst point about Champions.

ourchair

First Post
Do they normally play Champions or something? Left unchecked, that was definitely the worst point about Champions.
Outside of 4E, we play Shadowrun and Star Wars SAGA Edition. A friend gave me her copy of Toon and I'm thinking about breaking out the old FASERIP Marvel Super Heroes and the West End D6 Star Wars, as they are games I bought 15 years ago but never had a group to play with.

Brandis

First Post
We don´t use the backgrounds options in 4E.

We also work in group to make our characters ... It makes things more coherent and easy (at least for us).

First we ask the DM to tell us the general idea of the campaing so we know what type of alignment in the party we can have.

Then we ask what information do our characters have .... I usually ask a lot of questions trying to have a very complete idea of the world, the different goverments, factions, ideals, etc ... Once i have all that I just make up my own background and story. Also I give my characters very strong ideals and objectives (usually related to the campaing I am playing so it is quite understandable why my character is adventuring instead of raising a family, for instance ... I really dislike if I can not answer the why thing, hehehehe)

From that point, everything else just falls in place ... Right now I am playing a Lawful Good Human Shielding Swordmage that acts as an Arcane Paladin (He has his believes and follows them as any paladin would do). Quite fun although my party members usually want to strangle me :p

Prestidigitalis

First Post
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/What-Color-Your-Parachute-2010/dp/1580089879"]Number one best method ever. Guaranteed results.[/ame] (It isn't Rick Astley. Really)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads