• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Creation Stat Draft (Trial Draft Complete!!)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Elder-Basilisk said:
That's true. However, a stat draft format with no wild stats and a range of con scores from incredibly good to incredibly bad like this one had is more likely to yield unsatisfying results than most other methods.

*shrug*. My players are not so fixated upon Constitution, specifically. Any time you randomly generate stats, you have this issue. Either the players have to deal with the low stats, or they get to discard them. The former leads to some dissatisfaction (rarely does a player like a stat with a negative modifier), the latter causes point-value creep upwards. This is the case here, or if each individual rolls his own dice.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
My group is supposed to actually have a stat draft for our next campaign (due to being in January sometime) this coming Sunday.

I'll be sure to come back and post about how it went. :)

Gold Roger

First Post
I've started the campaign before my current one with a stat draft. The stats where quite high (around 42 point buy), but the game was low magic, so it was ok. Since your games are rather low on items, it should work for you as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads