• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Folio - Character Sheet for iPad

DarktheatreLLC

First Post
Hello,
I'd like to introduce an app for the iPad we hope to release this summer that we call the Character Folio. Its a multi-game, multi-character sheet application and we are looking to have Pathfinder, 4e, 3.5 and CoC ready for the initial launch.
Character sheet will have some intelligence to it but we also firmly believe in "house rules" so nothing is restricted. If your GM says you can have darkvision even though you are a lowly human ... then so be it. Pick it as a racial trait and off you go.

We are also looking to release our first adventure for Pathfinder, Iryul's Tower. A introductory adventure to the Darktheatre World of Avalon for first level characters.

We are just starting out with our online presence, though well into development of the app and adventure. Hope to hear from you and welcome feedback.

-Lenny

01ssMainPort.png

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Sounds great. Estimated release date and price? And any chance of adding Traveller, World of Darkness or Castles & Crusades to it? And how do you handle the profusion of choices for 3.5 characters?

Six-degrees

First Post
I signed up for this forum just to respond to this post. This a fantastic idea that I would gladly pay $ for! Please make this a reality ASAP. I've seen many 'character' sheet apps, that lack most all features except the rudimentary ones. Besides the obvious things, I would like to see full implementation of feats, so that, once chosen, it automatically adjusts the pertinent stat: ie, if you choose weapon finesse, the app is advanced enough to know to adjust your rapier attack but not your long sword stat. Thanks in advance!

DarktheatreLLC

First Post
We are looking at an August 2011 release. Price is still under discussion but in the neighborhood of $5

WoD will definitely get a character sheet. Traveller is on the list as well. Castles and Crusades we haven't discussed but I'll certainly add it.

I hear you about getting some real intelligence around feats and how they could update the rest of the character sheet. Our plan is not to include intelligence of that level because of the complexity and more importantly the ability to manage house rules. You'll be able to pick your feats easily and see the descriptions, go outside your own class rules for feats, etc. But the calc's on HP, atks, etc would be something a player would put into the system. I'll have a video in about a month or so that goes over this in more detail.

Darktheatre.net is where we are posting updates.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Gah!

My iPad2 won't be here for 3 weeks. :mad::mad::mad:

That *is* a pretty interface for the character folio. Will it support the APG for Pathfinder?

D00d, one of the first things that I did when I got home with my iPad was load the Pathfinder CoreBook, The Gamemastery guide, Bestiary 1 & 2, the APG and the entire Curse of the Crimson Throne Ap onto it. I also picked up the DM Tools app from the app store. I think that it's generic enough but was from the status effects listed it might have been intended for 4E.

But this Character Folio thing? Reeks of AWESOME.

I notice you are not doing calculations and thus probably can skirt the pitfalls associated with the OGL. What file format will you store/load the characters in?

Will you do die rolling? Maybe tap Str and it rolls d20 and adds the modifier. Tap a weapon in the attack area and it rolls an attack. Tap the weapon in the damage area and it rolls the damage.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
D00d, one of the first things that I did when I got home with my iPad was load the Pathfinder CoreBook, The Gamemastery guide, Bestiary 1 & 2, the APG and the entire Curse of the Crimson Throne Ap onto it. I also picked up the DM Tools app from the app store. I think that it's generic enough but was from the status effects listed it might have been intended for 4E.

But this Character Folio thing? Reeks of AWESOME.

Let me know how you use the iPad2 in game. I'm thinking of having it open to the pfsrd webpage so that I can quickly get info but also having the PDFs of the books on there too (of course) as backup. I'll be curious which I reference more.

I'm currently a player in a game now, but if I were to DM, I would use the iPad to show the players what they were fighting by loading up the bestiary and bestiary 2 and then bring up the picture (making it fully fit the screen) so that the players could see the picture without the stats/name of the monster.

I think it will really add to the tabletop experience.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads